Anyone want to join me for TTC in April?

Wow I am so sorry you went through that. I can not imagine going through all of that. How do you deal with it emotionally? I hate doctors that don't seem to know what they're doing whatso ever. drives me crazy. How are your cycles now?

Wow I am so sorry you went through that. I can not imagine going through all of that. How do you deal with it emotionally? I hate doctors that don't seem to know what they're doing whatso ever. drives me crazy. How are your cycles now?

I mean, my ectopic was rough but I think it was made more rough by the fact that the day i found out I was losing my pregnancy, my dog of 11 years had to be put down. And, this was all around Christmas, so it was just a rough month in general. But really, what got me through was the thought of just trying again. Knowing I could try again just gave me something to look forward to. And as far as all the :bfn:s I get, I just go into every month TTC expecting a :bfn: lol. It sounds defeating but really, I don't get my hopes up that way and I'm not disappointed when I get another negative. You sort of have to make that switch when you are long term TTC.

My cycles are pretty good now that I am on femara. My cycles are around 30 days long now.

You are so strong. bfn make me so depressed I try so hard not to get my hopes up but its hard not to.

juhnayrae Do you know for sure af is coming?

What cd is everyone today and how are you feeling?
What do you ladies use? We use preseed, I'm starting to temp and use cbfm, bd every other day, and keep legs up during fertile window.
What do you ladies think during fertile window bd every day or every other? I can't decide if we should every day or every other.

Right now I am cd3 and impatient for my fertile window already!

Hi there! AF actually came tonight, but I'm going to count tomorrow as CD1. I knew it was coming because I'm on Provera, which is a drug used to induce AF.

We don't BD on a schedule because we do IUI. We're ttc #2 and had to use fertility treatments to get pg with DD. We decided to go the same route we used last time after having a chemical last month :( Back when we were ttc before using IUI we would BD every other night until I ovulated and then we would BD 2-3 nights in a row. BDing every night is just tiring to us and is a chore, even every other night is tough for me honestly.

Back when we were ttc naturally we did preseed, used OPKs and a cbfm, I did some temping (although I wasn't very structured) sometimes we even used soft cups. Now we take Femara, I'll go for an ultrasound, and then we'll use a trigger if I'm not surging on my own. Then we'll do the IUI. We got lucky and got pg on our first try last time, so my fingers are crossed we'll have the same luck this time, but I'm not counting on it.

Bee Bee Its Hard to always be strong! I dont know how people do it!

juhnayrae Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound rude there (about af coiming) I didn't understand. I'm not very educated on any treatments or anything. This month will really be the first time I'm going to the dr for anything fertility related and its still my obgyn. I'm nervous we will need more then just time and naturally. Right now were saving for our wedding and in the process of buying a house, so it would have to wait until after the wedding, using our wedding gifts which in a way would be a beautiful gift from our friends and family. But thats just me being doubtful.
Not to be nosey (and dont answer if you dont want) but does anyone feel comfortable sharing how much any of their medicine/ procedure are? Also what each one is for and how it works? I really have no idea.

Me and OH were talking last night and I finally told him everynight was too much for me (tmi it starts to get sore down there) and thanfully he was understabding and actually agreed. so every other night it is for us! except maybe we will go all out for days before o since we dont know if his count is normal until my O time at the drs

Bee Bee - wow, that's quite a journey! I can't imagine going through all that and still having the strength to keep going! I really wish you will have your month this month!!

I'm CD8 today and had what felt like faint O pains yesterday although its way too early, I'm sure it was something else. I don't want to take my OPKs yet as my CM doesn't agree with the pains yesterday. BDd just in case! I plan to start BD daily Sunday and OPK as well as I expect O somewhere around Wednesday-Friday. Right now we find it fun so we'll just go with it!

Feeling impatient as we saw a bunch of friends who know we're trying so of course we got a bunch of "soooo?"s even though we told them with the purpose of them not asking!! Oh well. My future doula was among one of the friends, so it was exciting talking to her about the *hopefully* near future.

I wish we could do it everyday! (would decrease my wonders of if we missed the right time when i get bfn and of course I want to do it) but we tend to feel that if we try everyday by o time we just dont enjoy it as much anymore and who wants for it to feel forced and not as enjoyable. Then we barley do it 3 times a week during tww if we do it too much before. And thats when we realized we were starting to get in a pattern of "baby making sex" every month and we dont want it to be just for that purpose for the sake of our relationship. Every other day covers our bases for fertile times in case somehow O doesn't happen when I think and then during the fertile window if we do it a few days in a row its more fun. But thats just us personally. and we've been doing it for 8 months now.

Js I totally get that - I can see it becoming "baby making sex" for us too down the road, I think just since its our first month and DH is SO happy to not be using condoms anymore it's still got that "new" thrill! I had to go off the pill about a year ago due to an aura migraine with aphasia (all the symptoms of a stroke), so he's been begrudgingly using condoms ever since. We're normally pretty lazy at doing the deed and are fine with that, so I'm sure we'll go through phases throughout this journey of TTC!

Hopefully you wont have to get like that and you'll get your bfp!! my fiance and I never lived together before this and when we moved we started ttc so I dont even know what our sex life would be like if we weren't ttc, guess we will find out when we get our bfp

I wish we could do it everyday! (would decrease my wonders of if we missed the right time when i get bfn and of course I want to do it) but we tend to feel that if we try everyday by o time we just dont enjoy it as much anymore and who wants for it to feel forced and not as enjoyable. Then we barley do it 3 times a week during tww if we do it too much before. And thats when we realized we were starting to get in a pattern of "baby making sex" every month and we dont want it to be just for that purpose for the sake of our relationship. Every other day covers our bases for fertile times in case somehow O doesn't happen when I think and then during the fertile window if we do it a few days in a row its more fun. But thats just us personally. and we've been doing it for 8 months now.

Every other day is great for timing, I wouldnt worry about it too much :) Sperm can live for 3-5 days so if you BD every other day then you pretty much cover all possibilities.

Bee Bee Its Hard to always be strong! I dont know how people do it!

juhnayrae Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound rude there (about af coiming) I didn't understand. I'm not very educated on any treatments or anything. This month will really be the first time I'm going to the dr for anything fertility related and its still my obgyn. I'm nervous we will need more then just time and naturally. Right now were saving for our wedding and in the process of buying a house, so it would have to wait until after the wedding, using our wedding gifts which in a way would be a beautiful gift from our friends and family. But thats just me being doubtful.
Not to be nosey (and dont answer if you dont want) but does anyone feel comfortable sharing how much any of their medicine/ procedure are? Also what each one is for and how it works? I really have no idea.

I wasn't offended at all, I was just answering your question. Sorry if I sounded annoyed! I really don't know how much they cost, when we were ttc #1 most of it was covered by insurance which was back in 2012, so I don't remember the exact costs. The only thing we had to pay for last time was the actual IUI (which was like $250 or something) and our semen analysis which was somewhere around $100. Clomid and Femara are really cheap, so is Provera. The trigger shot was definitely more expensive, somewhere around $80 or something. Our insurance covered all of the ultrasounds, blood work, and office visits.

Now, we're paying for everything out of pocket because of insurance changes. Since we just started doing this again and we're with a new doctor, we'll see what happens. I think the ultrasounds are $150, not sure about everything else yet.

I was REALLY nervous when our OBGYN sent us to the RE. I have thin PCOS, but when we got my husband's semen analysis back and he had low count/motility, he didn't really give us a choice. I was dreading our first meeting, I thought for sure they would be all doom and gloom, but our RE was incredible. It obviously worked out too because we got pregnant after our first month of seeing him. I would say just keep trying and doing whatever you can, but if you have to see a RE eventually don't feel too bad.

Js I totally get that - I can see it becoming "baby making sex" for us too down the road, I think just since its our first month and DH is SO happy to not be using condoms anymore it's still got that "new" thrill! I had to go off the pill about a year ago due to an aura migraine with aphasia (all the symptoms of a stroke), so he's been begrudgingly using condoms ever since. We're normally pretty lazy at doing the deed and are fine with that, so I'm sure we'll go through phases throughout this journey of TTC!

^^ :haha: We are too! Totally lazy about BDing sometimes haha. It's not that we don't enjoy BDing, but after we've both had long days and after getting our DD to bed, all we want to do is lay on the couch haha. We don't want to make it another thing "to do".

DH was pumped too when we started ttc and he could stop using condoms!

Every other day is great for timing, I wouldnt worry about it too much :) Sperm can live for 3-5 days so if you BD every other day then you pretty much cover all possibilities.

^^Yes! What she said! Every other should be plenty :thumbup:

CD1 for me today on cycle #4. Slightly disappointed but not discouraged. Let's make some January babies!

Yay for everyone I have good feelings for us all this month! Oh and I woke up and decided to take a spontaneous trip to Vermont! I forgot to temp this morning �� im so terrible at it, at least it's only cd5.

I haven't been temping. My sleep is so restless 99% of the time I'm afraid it wouldn't be accurate. Is there a particular brand of themometor that you girls use?

It doesn't really matter, just as long as it's listed as a BBT thermometer. For me, I have found that if I wake up randomly and am only up for like a few minutes then it doesn't really affect temps too much. Its getting up and staying up for like 10 minutes that will mess it up. Even then, as long as you get a solid block of 3 hours before you temp then the temp will still be accurate.

Ugh, Im worried that I might of O'd yesterday, which is extremely early for me. On femara, I typically O around CD14-16 but I HAVE ovulated on CD10 before (with my ectopic I did). But I only got one BD in thus far so I'm worried that if I did that it won't be enough since I did it right on possible O day instead of before. :/

Hopefully it's just a fluke though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"