• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone who injects heparin / tinzaparin?

tootsy1987

Abbi and Alfie - My World
Reaction score
Can i ask... so your injection sites get mega itchy!!??? mine have really started to get itchy :( im constantly having to scratch my legs and also they are really starting to get painful to inject! its soo hard to get it through my skin now, most of the times recently i have pushed it in so far and it has been that stinging and sore i have had to take it straight back out and try again somewhere else :( xxxxx

Hey sweetie well i never do my legs since been shown my tummy its more or less painless and it doesnt bruise as bad and it doesnt itch thank god... ;) x

You need to rotate your sites and would suggest using your tummy - not sure about the bum but if someone else will do it for you then try using the upper arms or bottom as well! If you're really suffering on your legs then ask about a cream to help with the itch and stop using them to inject for a while! Phone the hospital dept that prescribed it and ask for their advice or check with your GP, you might need the injections but no reason to suffer more than necessary!

thanks hunny.. they arent really bruising now, only a slight bruise and i alternate a leg each day.. i kept asking to be shown stumach but they said they didnt recommend it in pregnancy :( so i have stuck with my legs.. its the old sites that are itching.. soo annoying, its only just started booo hiss lol! xxx

omg really, were advised to use our tummy lol.... i would talk to consultant ;)

i do mine in my tummy hun and i do it either side rotate it, i can barely feel the needle going in and the days it is sore and harder to get thru is because im going in the same place as i did the previous few days and its just a bit sore so i just try sumwhere else, i would deffo recommend doing them in your tummy xxx

just to add hun my consultant had no probs with me doing it in my tummy neither did my midwife the needle doesnt go in very far and its no where near the baby, they did say i could use thigs or arms but i just feel the least pain in my tummy xx

thanks girls... i think i will start that then.. how do u do it? is there anywhere i shouldnt go / any depth i shouldnt go in? is it pretty much the same... on a horizontal angle just under the skin while pinching it and slowly inject?? xxxx

yea its the same pinch the skin go in horizontel and go slowly to minimize the stinging i go for lower tummy on my side (where my lovely or not so lovely love handles are for a bit of padding :haha:) what injections are you on? im on the clexane 40mg/0.4ml syringe one and i just push it in as far as it goes but the needle isnt very big, i dont think any are gonna be long enough to do damage but i would go to the side (either side) a little low down if you have any 'padding' lol go in there xxxx

aww thanks soo much hunny! im on heparin 4500mg's think the seringe is the same, only a small needle point about 2cm longish? so if i go for down where my knicker line is and pinch a little flab lol and inject in there? shall defo try that tomoro! haha xxx

You've a lomg way to go sweetie so you will need to use your stomach if you're going to make it without going crazy from the side-effects on your skin! Claire's completely right - therels no problem using your stomach as I did ask my colleague who knows more about this stuff than I do (she's a midwife as well as a nutter nurse (ie psyciatric trained) like me!!) It's the same principle as insulin, goes in just under the skin for absorption so you'll be using short needles anyway and if you keep it away from the most stretched part of your bump so round the sides and where you have any padding (I'm all padding myself!) theres not really any way you could get it inside the uterus unless you really really go for it!!
Just keep reminding yourself it will be worth it in the end and keep your skin well moisturised to keep it supple though I'd suggest you don't apply creams just before or after an injection.
good luck - hope you can make it more bearable!

aww thanks soo much hunny! im on heparin 4500mg's think the seringe is the same, only a small needle point about 2cm longish? so if i go for down where my knicker line is and pinch a little flab lol and inject in there? shall defo try that tomoro! haha xxx

yea thats where i do mine just to the side a little not in the middle but only cos there is more flab at the sides, the needle is the same its only long enough to go surface deep good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"