Anyone who is ttc having trouble with their cycles due to previous bc use?

I know what you mean. Thankfully I'm starting to O earlier but it is frustrating. Hope the waitings worth it and you get your BFP soon. Try not to stress cause it can delay O further.

Thats great that you are starting to O earlier! How long did that take for that to happen and how late did you O before?

Last cycle was cd27, this cycle cd20. Tried but failed around cd12-14. EWCM/+OPK but no temp shift. Cycles are going up and down and last cycle only had a 7 day LP.

Witch is gonna get me tomorrow so this cycle had a 13 day LP. Used B complex, Virex and natural progesterone from O. Have all the signs of oestrogen dominance. So hoping the progesterone will help to bring back hormonal balance. Prob wont use it next cycle but will continue with B complex and vitex.

Actually hoping I dont O too early next cycle as I'll be home for christmas and no privacy to bd!

I know the feeling! I was not sure if I would be in my fertile period while I was away for Thanksgiving visiting my DH's family. We had to stay at his moms and we were in the bedroom right next to hers so BDing was difficult to say the least :haha:

Hopefully you get your BFP and do not have to worry about it!!

Last cycle was cd27, this cycle cd20. Tried but failed around cd12-14. EWCM/+OPK but no temp shift. Cycles are going up and down and last cycle only had a 7 day LP.

Witch is gonna get me tomorrow so this cycle had a 13 day LP. Used B complex, Virex and natural progesterone from O. Have all the signs of oestrogen dominance. So hoping the progesterone will help to bring back hormonal balance. Prob wont use it next cycle but will continue with B complex and vitex.

Actually hoping I dont O too early next cycle as I'll be home for christmas and no privacy to bd!

How long have you been off BCP (if at all)? That is awesome that you had a longer LP, I wonder if it was the progesterone? I am taking vitex and B6 as well and last cycle it didn't work but hopefully this one! This is no my 4th cycle off BCP...

Also...how do you know the :witch: is on her way? Maybe she's not! Not that you should get your hopes up but you never know :thumbup:

Thats great that your LP improved that much! :happydance:

As of last cycle my LP seemed to be fine I think it was 13 days give or take a day.

Off BCP since March.

I think vitex takes a few months to work. No idea if prog was reason for longer LP, seems that way but I've read that obs/gynae say that natural stuff isn't strong enough to have an effect. I did buy the most reputable make.

A friend of mine stopped BCP then had 2 normal cycles then nothing for a few months then, I think 2 long cycles then 29day cycles every month since. It just takes time for out bodies to fine hormonal balance again.

I was on the pill for 12 years. Stupid in hindsight.

Gaiagirl - did FRER this am and BFN, now got pink cm. Sure sign the witch is on her way.

Off BCP since March.

I think vitex takes a few months to work. No idea if prog was reason for longer LP, seems that way but I've read that obs/gynae say that natural stuff isn't strong enough to have an effect. I did buy the most reputable make.

A friend of mine stopped BCP then had 2 normal cycles then nothing for a few months then, I think 2 long cycles then 29day cycles every month since. It just takes time for out bodies to fine hormonal balance again.

Gaiagirl - did FRER this am and BFN, now got pink cm. Sure sign the witch is on her way.

Ahhh, I see. I guess she is on her way. Oh well, on to the next cycle I guess!

:dust: for you on the next one!

Off BCP since March.

The problem your friend had is similar to mine. Normal then abnormal the normal then abnormal etc. I've been off bc since May. I went off early for the sole purpose of ttc but it clearly was not enough time. Had I known it would take this long I would definately have come off earlier or actually not have gone on the pill at all. I don't know if there is anything they can do about hormone imbalance, is there? Tomorrow is cd60 for me. My longest cycle was 63 so I guess I'm going for a record. It's very depressing and I'm worried about my health. Did your friend have any other signs of hormonal imbalance? Acne, hair loss, greasy hair, emotional?

Off BCP since March.

The problem your friend had is similar to mine. Normal then abnormal the normal then abnormal etc. I've been off bc since May. I went off early for the sole purpose of ttc but it clearly was not enough time. Had I known it would take this long I would definately have come off earlier or actually not have gone on the pill at all. I don't know if there is anything they can do about hormone imbalance, is there? Tomorrow is cd60 for me. My longest cycle was 63 so I guess I'm going for a record. It's very depressing and I'm worried about my health. Did your friend have any other signs of hormonal imbalance? Acne, hair loss, greasy hair, emotional?

I hear you. We sooooooo wish I'd stopped earlier and we started trying sooner.

She never mentioned ache or hair loss but did mention emotional. She was living on the other side of the world at the time. But she said it suddenly all returned to normal, she wasn't TTC so it didn't stress her too much. I think she just watched her eating and exercised more. Your body will always work to right itself. Someone I know once described the hormonal balance as like a finely tuned radio (non digital). It only needs to be slightly out and all you have is noise chaos but just a slight tweak and it's perfect. You may feel your far from normal but actually a 'tweak' may make all the difference.

From all my research vitex seems to be the best option for helping the body become finely tuned again. Also B6. And unfortunately time.

I have used natural (USP) progesterone this cycle (in LP) and had all kinds of symptoms/side-effects. After some reading it seems that it's because I am oestrogen dominant which caused a flare up. The body down-regulates your oestrogen receptors when you have too little progesterone in order to protect you. When you start the cream the estrogen recpetors "wake back up" and that can make you feel bad for awhile.

I am not saying you are oestrogen dominant and that you need progesterone but I thought it was interesting.

I can't remember sorry, have you had blood tests yet?

I am considering buying Hormone Balance Made Simple book by Dr John Lee. I hoping I'm on the verge of normal cycles but I fine it all very interesting. I have been off 9 months now.

Bean- I go for bloods tomorrow and I am terrified! I have been feeling really good this week and I began a new diet only 2 days ago. I also feel like my acne is less swollen and irritated and much lighter in color. My hair is still falling out but the texture of my hair feels a little better yesterday and today. Maybe I have reached a turning point? I have also started taking zinc,B complex, and vitex daily as directed on the bottles. I began vitex on tues, and B and zinc on wed. I think I am already well on my way to a healthier lifestyle; however still no sign of af.

I'm hoping the tests don't reveal that there is anything wrong but confirm my suspicions of imbalanced hormones and perhaps the doctors with give me some kind of quick fix (i wish). It is one of the worst feelings in the world to not know what is going on with your body- being in limbo. I'm ready for it to be over! Cd60 today and still counting!

Good luck tomorrow. Don't fret they might give you something to bring on AF.

Great that you feel like you are turning a corner.

Let us know how you get on.

:flower:Bean-After hearing the story about your friend having two normal cycles then a long one third month off makes me nervous thats what is happening to me now. Not that my first two were normal but they were shorter than this cycle is already shaping out to be. First was 44 days 2nd was 37 now I am on CD 30 and still havent Ov so it seems I am on my way to the longest cycle yet :growlmad:

Do you know if there are any negatives to taking Vitex?
Can I start taking it in the middle of a cycle?
How much of it do you take?

Thanks for your help!

Good luck tomorrow. Don't fret they might give you something to bring on AF.

Great that you feel like you are turning a corner.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks Bean!I really feel pretty good today. Albeit a little tired. I am confident and continually telling myself that there isn't anything seriously wrong. Maybe there is power in wishful thinking? I guess we will see early next week!

Headed to the doctor soon! so nervous!

Good Luck

Rachel - no real side effects to Vitex. Just not advised if your cycles are normal. You can use it to help bring on AF I think, but have no experience of this. Otherwise you can just start. I use 20 drops in water a day. I use tincture. Better than capsules ideally. You don't need to stop at O. just continue until your BFP.

My friends story is good. This improved suddenly, to perfect cycles.

Well, good news ladies. I think I finally started my cycle and the doctor prescribed me Clomid! She basically said that she didn't think I would ovulate on my own so she wanted to go ahead and move forward with that. She said my estrogen was low and retested it again today and is going to call me Monday with the results, but either way she wants me to do the Clomid. She said that she could tell me to wait it out and see if I start ovulating on my own, but she said that since I am ready to have a baby now and about to turn 30 there is no point in waiting.

I would encourage everyone that can to find a doctor that is willing to help!

Well, good news ladies. I think I finally started my cycle and the doctor prescribed me Clomid! She basically said that she didn't think I would ovulate on my own so she wanted to go ahead and move forward with that. She said my estrogen was low and retested it again today and is going to call me Monday with the results, but either way she wants me to do the Clomid. She said that she could tell me to wait it out and see if I start ovulating on my own, but she said that since I am ready to have a baby now and about to turn 30 there is no point in waiting.

That's great news! Glad it went well.

Thats great news!

I know I ov'ed last cycle so hopefully I continue to. If I am not pg by time I am due for my yearly which is in June I will probably just say it has been a year so I can get tested,ect. It will be close anyway at that point, I started last August.

Headed to the doctor soon! so nervous!

Good Luck

Rachel - no real side effects to Vitex. Just not advised if your cycles are normal. You can use it to help bring on AF I think, but have no experience of this. Otherwise you can just start. I use 20 drops in water a day. I use tincture. Better than capsules ideally. You don't need to stop at O. just continue until your BFP.

My friends story is good. This improved suddenly, to perfect cycles.

Thank you for your advice. Now I have to figure out where I find this stuff. Does it make your water taste bad?

I don't mind the taste, you can also add it to tea.

You should be able to get it in any good health shop. I have the highest concentration 1:1 if you have 2:1 just use another 10 drops.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"