Anyone with 1+ already starting to freak out??

Munchkin30

1 DD,2 losses, Pregnant!!
Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm 7+3 with no2, my dd is 19 months and gorgeous but very full on! I'm sooo tired at the moment and doing anything to grab a minute to myself and now I'm wondering how I'll cope with 2??
We both really wanted this baby, I wanted to be pregnant and it's great news but the reality of what's coming is making me less excited than last time :( I'm worrying if I'm cut out for this or not, if oh will help at all, if I'll cope, if dd will cope etc.
Anyone else feel like this??

Xx

I think I was like that with number 3 & everything worked out perfect & now we are expecting number 4 we are so excited as our youngest is almost 3 . I'm sure dd will adapt great & love having a bAby brother or sister :)

I just found out I'm pregnant with #2 and my DD is 14 months. It was planned and we are very excited but I am also very very scared. OH has a lot of time off and helps out a ton, but I'm still scared that it will be crazy! I know this is what we want and it may be hard in the beginning but in the long run they will be close in age and have a friend for life. We only want two so this will complete our family

I tried for number 2 for 19 month and now its here i worry if i can share my love equally! I dont worry about coping but my love for DD is just so much i worry i cant love that much twice over. Im sure all will be fine but its a scary time xx

Yes me! This baby is very much wanted and planned, but the excitement is just not the same this time around and that's all down to worries and concerns I have. DS is almost 18 months and is amazing but is such hard work right now, he's a total ball of energy and I can't keep up, while feeling so sick and tired all the time. I'm also worrying about how I'll cope with 2 on my own when OHs at work. I've imagined some pretty extreme scenarios in my head lol. But I'm sure once LO is here all will fit into place just like it did with DS.

Hi girls! I already have two and I just want to reassure you that having a new edition is totally amazing. At first it feels overwhelming but it quickly becomes the norm! And when they get their own little bond it is just brilliant! So cute. I'm sure you'll all be fine, honestly I think to myself now what the heck did I do with my time when I just had one? Lol :haha:
Well I'm adding another so not too sure about how things will change for me hopefully I can take my own advice :flower: good luck xxx

I am totally freaking out! My daughter is 19 months old. Taking care of a toddler is so much work - especially dealing with their stubbornness. I get panicky just thinking about how i'll manage two kids 2 years apart. Others who have kids this close, please tell us we will get through this??

YES! I feel like this, I'm already waking in the night worrying, ha ha. Pretty much what others say, we have a 21 month old who is non stop, doesn't always sleep well, dealing with morning sickness and fatigue and just wondering, how will we cope? But this baby was planned and we are very excited too. Guess it's all normal emotions. X

I can join you ladies!

I am 4+6 with a 14 month old. This baby was planned, although we didnt try too hard and didnt expect it to happen the first month, and my first thought when I got my bfp was 'what have I done!?'

Now I'm back to being excited and just a teeny bit nervous! When I watch my little boy playing the thought of two of him isn't scary at all!

My little boy is 20 months and full on - not sure how I'll find any time for a break with two but this little bump is planned and I'm hoping all will be well in reality. Is a bit scary when you think about how much time #1 takes up - is it doubly busy with two or just a bit more?

I'm also trying to be less of a worrier this time around with being pregnant but it's hard - still keep fearing the worst for our scan in a 2-3 weeks. Horrible thoughts but can't stop it!

Totally normal to be scared shitless, I think we all are. Im excited, but not like o was with my first....probably cause I'm not naive anymore and know its freaking hard, and no sleep :rofl:

I found going from one to two really emotional because you have to learn to divide your time and obviously the newborn takes up a lot, so I ended up feeling so guilty like I was pushing my oldest out, and I think it takes time for them to adjust to not being seen to straight away. Now it is all totally normal and my little girl said to me the other day.."mum I'm so glad you gave me summer because I realise I was lonely before" :cloud9: so cute!
They now share a room and have an amazing relationship.
It is hard at first, even to get out the house, but it soon becomes normal and you get your own routines and then you don't think twice.
Any change is a challenge but everyone will be fine! Promise x

I'm 7 weeks with a 9 month old! :happydance: it took us almost a year to conceive our daughter so I think we just presumed it wouldn't happen right away! But we're so excited and have always said we'd like 2 close together so really pleased, it's scary at the same time but I'm a lot more organised now- something I've learned you have to be! I can only imagine i'll need super powers with 2 under 2 :haha:

My son is 11 months old and I'm 4.5 months pregnant with number 2 (they'll be a 15 month age gap) and I have to say that I'm definitely not wishing this pregnancy away like I did last time. I've been so spoiled with my son, he sleeps so well - and has done since about 8 weeks old (in the last 8 or 9 months, my son has only had me up during the night 2 or 3 times!), he's always so happy and smiles at everyone, he's quite independent and happy to play with his toys by himself, he goes to anyone, he's not clingy, loves being around other children, loves being pushed in his buggy around the shops. I can't imagine that I'll be that lucky again second time round.

It's the sleepless nights that I'm dreading the most. I don't know if anyone else felt like this but during those nights where I'd be awake with my son, I felt like I was the only one in the world going through it and that no one could understand how bad it was. I'd think that no one suffered as badly as I did from lack of sleep which I know of course isn't true. But it's just such a shock when you first experience those sleepless nights. Nothing can prepare you for the exhaustion but luckily mine was very short lived. I've often gone through bouts of insomnia before I had my son so I thought if I could cope with that, having a baby couldn't be much worse but it definitely was. At the moment, I just love bed time and mornings are probably my least favourite time of day whereas in those early days with my son, mornings were my favourite time of day as it was the furthest point from the sleepless night to come!

But the sleepless nights don't last forever and it's all worth it. I think it's just starting all over again that is what's so scary! x

I tried for number 2 for 19 month and now its here i worry if i can share my love equally! I dont worry about coping but my love for DD is just so much i worry i cant love that much twice over. Im sure all will be fine but its a scary time xx

I feel like this! My friend said she did as well when she was pregnant with number 2. She said it just wasn't as exciting second time round. When she had her scan with her first, she said her and her husband took the day off work, celebrated with lunch afterwards and couldn't stop staring at the scan picture whereas with her second, she said her husband met her at the hospital from work for their 12 week scan then they both went back to work. But she said once she got nearer her due date, she got excited and when he was born, she said she loves him just as much as her first x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"