Anyone with 2+ older boys?

twinklestar25

Reaction score
Hi, I've just had my 2nd son he's 4 months :) my older son is 3 1/2. I cannot make my mind up whether to have another baby in a few yrs. to be very honest yes I would like a girl as shallow/shellfish as that may sound. Some days I find myself thinking if ways we could accommodate a 3rd, we always sed if 2nd was a boy we may try for a 3rd. But other days, probably more logical days I think how things would change, how difficult ur may be, the expense etc etc I'm sure you've herd it all before if not had the thoughts yourselves. I also know there's no garentee if a girl, of course I wouldn't go ahead if I wasn't happy to have another boy too. I want to be comfortable and to have nice holidays, be able to take them Disney land an maybe Lapland in the future an things like that, I'm not sure how doable these would be with 3-I suppose ur goes back to the expense factor. But some days I can't get out my my head trying fur that 3rd baby once the kids are in school.

What I would like to know from those who maybe have 2 or more older boys, some who maybe decided to stop with the 2 you have-like I'm considering, is what is it like with your 2 (or more) boys? If you thought about a 3rd or 4th but decided against it do you regret it? Any other words of advice?

I don't know what to do for the best, I'm on a logical day today lol an I know I've got to think about everyone an how it may affect the family as a whole an bit just me wanting another baby, I think I know that it would be alot more work and things would have to change-bigger car house etc but we could probably do it but I think we prob couldn't have the life that we could with just 2, prob less holidays an things like that, thanks for reading :)

Maybe I'm not the best person to comment but didn't want to R&R

I have 3 boys, age 4, 1.5 and 1m and we always wanted 3. Yes, ok, the practicalities may not be great (we've had to buy a new car, the house is far too small but it's all we can afford at the moment and it's hard work with 3 boys all at home (Earl is an autumn baby so doesn't start school until next year).

However, I cannot help but think about all the wonderful experiences that we've already had. The family unit feels complete and in no way do I regret adding to the family. We wanted 3rd-born to be a boy....I think I would have died had he turned out pink tbh lol. To my mind that is a whole lot more practical with hand-me-downs and days out for example. However, if he had been a girl, it would have been nice for her to have 2 older brothers looking out for her in years to come, and to be able to always be the princess as as well as being the only girl she'd be the youngest too. Chances are as well with 2 older boys she's highly unlikely to be pink and frilly to a great extent lol.

I think only you can make that decision but I've never met anyone who regretted having a baby/child. I know the timing isn't always great (even for us lol) but the actual children are amazing. Only thing is, if you do decide to stick with 2, you can then move on to looking at the future and get rid of the clutter that comes with young children. Charlie is definitely our last and I must confess, while I have broody moments thinking I'd like a 4th, the process of getting rid of stuff is quite cathartic! lol :blush:

I have 2 boys aged 4y2m and 22m we have just started TTC for number 3.

My DH is less certain than I but happy to go for it as I do most of the kid based work anyway! The boys are old enough that they can do quite a lot for themselves already and DS1 is in school.

I would first suggest that it is very early days to be making a decision.

I thought long and hard about whether I wanted a girl or a baby and I am certain that it is a baby, a third child I want and am not concerned re gender, DH would prefer a boy again!

I wanted another but didn't want the age gap to get much bigger as DH is over 40 and also has a big age gap after him before his sibling who is number 3 and quite feeble and relies to much on help IMO because they were babied a lot and if they are close it is harder to do that. DH would have preferred to wait longer but as I am not working and am unlikely to get much work in the next 18mths we decided to go for it now. (we moved to Spain their is amazingly high unemployment, I can't do all hours and I don't speak the language! Luckily I don't need to work although would actually prefer to!)

I have a girl (9) and three boys (7,4,8 months).

We always planned on three kids. Three is a big jump from two in that you need a larger vehicle (we now have a minivan), you are outnumbered, and you have to accept a fair amount of chaos in your life. But on the other hand, three kids from two was the easiest transition for me. Number three just kind of fits in.

We three kids, we went on a family holiday to Mexico. Most hotel rooms have a limit of 4 per room, but it was not hard to find one that allowed five. We didn't really have to pay extra either. There were two double beds and they brought in a crib for our youngest (at the time), who was 21 months.

Our number four was a surprise, a wonderful surprise. I am so glad things worked out the way they did because I couldn't imagine life without him. Only now do I feel like my family is complete.

We are actually leaving for a holiday to Disneyland on Wednesday! We looked at hotel accomodation but felt it was easier, wiser, and less expensive to stay in a three bedroom townhouse we found on VRBO. Ten days in a three bedroom townhouse is much cheaper than it would be for a hotel room. And we can make our own food which is also a big cost savings.

I have a girl (9) and three boys (7,4,8 months).

We always planned on three kids. Three is a big jump from two in that you need a larger vehicle (we now have a minivan), you are outnumbered, and you have to accept a fair amount of chaos in your life. But on the other hand, three kids from two was the easiest transition for me. Number three just kind of fits in.

We three kids, we went on a family holiday to Mexico. Most hotel rooms have a limit of 4 per room, but it was not hard to find one that allowed five. We didn't really have to pay extra either. There were two double beds and they brought in a crib for our youngest (at the time), who was 21 months.

Our number four was a surprise, a wonderful surprise. I am so glad things worked out the way they did because I couldn't imagine life without him. Only now do I feel like my family is complete.

We are actually leaving for a holiday to Disneyland on Wednesday! We looked at hotel accomodation but felt it was easier, wiser, and less expensive to stay in a three bedroom townhouse we found on VRBO. Ten days in a three bedroom townhouse is much cheaper than it would be for a hotel room. And we can make our own food which is also a big cost savings.

kind of crazy how similar my life is to this lol.

I too have a girl and 3 boys. Similar ages (girl 8, boys 6, 4, and nearly 3 months).

I too found that number 3 slotted right in.

Number 4 for us was also a surprise.

We wanted to stop at 3 but now Nathan is here we couldn't be without him.

Really pretty much word for word about holidays as well.

kind of crazy how similar my life is to this lol.

I too have a girl and 3 boys. Similar ages (girl 8, boys 6, 4, and nearly 3 months).

I too found that number 3 slotted right in.

Number 4 for us was also a surprise.

We wanted to stop at 3 but now Nathan is here we couldn't be without him.

Really pretty much word for word about holidays as well.

I know, you are like my B and B double!:hugs:

Only you and your partner can make the decision whether or not to have a 3rd. I have 2 boys aged 10 and 8 and have just had my 3rd who is 2 months and turned out to be a little girl which we were surprised with but ecstatic. Saying that, if it had been another boy I wouldn't have felt any different as we didn't try for a third just to have a girl x

We have twin boys - we are done. I have never considered another as in my mind it would be twins again lol (my sister has twins too)

I also have never ever felt the need for a girl - I think it's totally instinct and gut reaction not a decision you can make with your head x

You sound like me :) We have two boys (5 and 2) and I keep thinking it would be nice to have another when our youngest is about 4 so they are in kindy/school. I would like a girl but if I had another boy I would still love it as I wanted a girl each time but I love my boys to bits and can't imagine them being girls now. I guess what ever happens would be what is meant to be.

Good luck making your decision :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"