Anyone with 3+ children

Mummy1506

Mummy of 2 boys :)
Reaction score
hello.

Just wondering if any ladies here already have 3 or more children? How was it adjusting from 2 children some days I can't wait other days I think I'm crazy for entertaining it!

Thanks

Hi There We have 3 kids. For me it was easier adjusting from 2-3 than it was 1-2.
I had a really tough pregnancy, birth and recovery with my 3rd baby so that was difficult. However it really helped having a bigger age gap that time round.

When i had my second my first was still a toddler (and i got pnd) so i found it really difficult.

My kids will be 11 (In april) 8 (next month) and 3 (In may)

we will be ttc our 4th and last in autumn time and by time next one is born they will be 12,9,4. for me i found it easier as the other two are a bit older and are pretty independent and helpful :)

3 is awesome!!! Its not much difference to having 2 really. The cooking and washing aren't that much more and you learn to split yourself up at times. They are all pretty close in age so play together and tbh ds3 just slotted in. I didn't have much time with just 2 though so i do wonder whether that makes it different.

I cant wait to have number 3! Intrigued to see how the dynamics will change but logistically we're all set up now with a new car, house and job hours jiggled. Just waiting for November to come and go so we can get trying. Sometimes feel a little sad we booked a holiday for the end of this year before deciding we would like another, because now it feels like we will be waiting an eternity. But there is no real rush so im getting my head down this year with finances and work so we are in an even better position when its time.

I love having 3. It's an adjustment! I'm excited about having 4.

#3, pregnancy went fast. Didn't have time to rest. Sometimes I'd be holding my eyes open and was so tired. It was also hard taking the 2 older to appointments. So this time I'm waiting on the oldest to get into school.

Thanks for all the replies, doesn't sound like 3 makes a lot of difference then which I'm glad about. my children are in school/pre school & holiday clubs so wouldn't need to take them to any appointments. We probably would have to change our car to accommodate another little one.

Excited to add to the brood now 😄

OP I have the same feelings everyday! One minute I'm excited and can't wait then the next I'm sooo nervous I feel like chickening out! xx

I feel the same too, I feel a bit crazy even thinking about having another child!

Our friends recently had their 3rd and said it was easier adjusting to 3 than it was to 2. I personally found having a 2nd much easier than having my 1st so hopefully a 3rd will be easier too. Our gap will be at least 4 years this time so I think that would be easier.

I honestly don't think I would have coped if I had had small age gaps so I am in awe of those mums that do!

We had to change our car too. OR we are in the next few months. My #3 is 7 weeks old, so I don't know if its a harder transition or not. However, I thought going from 1 to 2 not hard... I found #1 hardest.

Glad I'm not alone in these feelings! I don't think I could of coped with a smaller age gap my reasoning is youngest will start school in September so the first few months when baby arrives i will only have all 3 on my own for a few hours a day but not sure how I will get them all ready & at school for 8.50 every day lol

I have 3 and we are WTT for #4 :D

I found it quite easy going from 2-3. Poppy just slotted in really. It's a bit daunting when you bring the baby home and you've got to get back into the swing of the whole newborn thing again whilst running around after 2 toddlers, and it didn't help my PP bleeding in the slightest :haha: but you just do it. Luckily I had a good pregnancy and easy water birth, the hardest part was being 9 months pregnant running after 2 toddlers while hubby was at work.

Honestly it's totally worth it, I'm an impatient, hot-headed lunatic and I manage fine :haha: so much so that we're going for #4!

I have 3 and we are WTT for #4 :D

I found it quite easy going from 2-3. Poppy just slotted in really. It's a bit daunting when you bring the baby home and you've got to get back into the swing of the whole newborn thing again whilst running around after 2 toddlers, and it didn't help my PP bleeding in the slightest :haha: but you just do it. Luckily I had a good pregnancy and easy water birth, the hardest part was being 9 months pregnant running after 2 toddlers while hubby was at work.

Honestly it's totally worth it, I'm an impatient, hot-headed lunatic and I manage fine :haha: so much so that we're going for #4!

All this apart from the water birth lol. 3rd slotted right in. The really early days when baby sleep 22 hours a day actually felt really nice as they don't take a lot of work at that age and I had my body back so I could actually move! lol :haha:

Thanks for replies ladies, I think it will be fine as most of you seem to have toddlers when 3rd arrived, I'm hoping that the bigger age gap will help things, by the time baby arrives mine will be min of 6.5 years & 4.5 years both in full time school. I'm sure I can do it lol

Thanks for replies ladies, I think it will be fine as most of you seem to have toddlers when 3rd arrived, I'm hoping that the bigger age gap will help things, by the time baby arrives mine will be min of 6.5 years & 4.5 years both in full time school. I'm sure I can do it lol

It's so much easier imo when you have a decent gap.
When i had my 3rd My other two were 5 & 8.

We plan to ttc our 4th and last in Autumn, by time baby would be born hopefully next summer they will be 12, 9, 4

I am loving have mine close together though. I wouldn't want a massive gap as I wouldn't want one left out of the gang lol. Max age gap I would consider is 2.5-3 years as there's 2y7m between ds1 and ds2 and they get along. That would give me 4 under 7! I had 3 under 4 when ds3 arrived and ds2 was 14.5m! It was awesome fun lol - hard work and I was knackered but I wouldn't do it differently at all. Only issue I have is that with them all close, they're all growing up far too quickly! lol :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->