anyone with a diasis recti?

mummyof3babas

Reaction score
anyone else with one? and do u know of any excersises i could do? mines pretty bad:( look like i have a ditch under my belly button well whats left of a belly button!:dohh:

A belly splint (wrap) and stomach vacuums/nothing in a crunch or jacknife position. Julie Tupler's Lose your Mummy Tummy has a full rehab program in it. Closed mine from 5 to less than 2 fingers with it! Was still at 3 fingers after my 1st (didn't know about the Tuplet program).

I did with second eldest. Was given some exercises which were modified Pilates type exercises by the midwives in that area as they had a special physio programme for it, I could only do them for a limited number of days though and only the amount specified otherwise it could have gone worse. Thankfully at my six week check everything was back to normal. This time the top of my tummy was really bulging out post birth (though no actual split in my stomach muscles) and it was hurting my back and making walking hard, but thankfully by about 10 days post birth things gradually started to go back in and now I am almost back to normal. I've even embarked on some hardcore spring cleaning, assembled an Ikea sofa and adapted my second youngest's cot into a bedside cot and so far so good xx

I developed this at about 25 weeks with this pregnancy. I've been doing the yoga/Pilates type excerises and its actually closed up pretty well now.

YouTube is good for videos.. core stomach exercises like planks are good to do xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->