Anyone with double strollers

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by Wobbles, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Wobbles

Wobbles BnB Co-Founder ~ Retired

https://www.cosatto.com/product-profile.php?id=003100

Like this!

It says from newborn now I have a lightweight single from obaby and imo that isn't quite suitable for a newborn.

Have any of you used a double for newborns?
    How far back to they recline? (Do they lie completey straight?)
    What double did you have?
    Did you use public transport with a double?

I want to convert my icandy to a pear (twin) but tbh they aren't that light so I'm now between what to do!

I have the icandy & a single stroller and as me & OH usually go out together sure we could both have a buggy :lol: not often do I go out shopping on my tod so kinda swaying towards the light weight (like above stroller).

Any opinions/advice girls?

2. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

If you mostly go out together then i would go with teh leightweight option.
    If you went out yourself you could also carry one in a carrier (like new baby in the sling) and the other goes in the buggy.

3. I had that one recently but sold it, I used it a few times for Jasmine and my nephew and its a great buggy, it lies back pretty much flat, took me a while to work out how to do it though, you can check them out before you buy in a few shops though, its lightweight, turns corners pretty easily and compact

4. Tezzy

Tezzy Mum of 2 TTCAL

i saw the pear yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a lady in rhys' sing n sign class walked in with one.

the pear seat is much smaller than the apple seat and with the pip converter frame it is actually quite long... i didnt ask to have a push but tbh it didnt look very nice :S

5. ~KACI~

~KACI~ Well-Known Member

Not sure on the side by side but i know they don't lie completly flat, probably about the same as your obaby, i have seen that pram on the bus aswell.

Just wanted to mention that i hardle use my double now, if i'm nippin out on my own i jued stick kieran on the buggy board (i know caitin will be younger) and when we got out together just use the two prams x

6. Vivanco

Vivanco Well-Known Member

I was gonna get the bro and sis one, but i have decided against it as:

it doesn't look as nice in he flesh
    It doesn't look as good without the cosy toes
    wont be able to use it right now
    DD wont need a double for very long

i have decided to get the phil and teds sport asap so i can use it now for DD then add the doubles kit when baby arrives, then take the doubles kit off when DD doesnt need it anymore and just use it as a single for baby :happydance:

Attached Files:

7. Wobbles

I need practical rather than nice

See the icandy has a negative imo ....as a single pram you can only fold it down with the seat if the seat is facing away from you Caitlin faces us so we always have to take it off and tbh it's pretty bulky - its handy for the boot etc because you can clip the wheels off but the thought of the icandy as a double in a taxi or in a family car is mind boggling thats one double frame and two seats! Theres no way for example it would fit in MILs boot not only that one reason we bought the stroller is because she never took the buggy - its too much!

Hence the idea of keeping the icandy as single - we have a stoller anyway and we go out a lot together.

We have a babasling & a carrier also!

The main thing I have to keep in mind is I don't drive so its public transport which is buses and taxis with big shops OMG I have a panic attack taking down the icandy as a single (thats just me though).

8. Vivanco

Vivanco Well-Known Member

The only reason i am getting the phil and teds is due to hopefully passing my test before babs arrives!!!

I had a maclaren quest for DD, i can fold it with one hand and a little baby under my arm as i used to get a bus to work that had no pushchair acess! so i know what u mean about the cold sweats preparing yourself for the bus lol its not a nice feeling (especially with and audience of tutting pentioners) that actually just push infrontof the line!!

I would say if u and OH usually go out together to not worry 2 much, see what works for you before you spend a fortune. Hope all goes well with the hunt and remember if all else fails just strap one child to your front and one to your back, and off u goooooooooooooooooooo :rofl:

9. lorrilou

lorrilou Well-Known Member

dont have that particular double but i have a cossatto double buggy and i found it great. seat recline right back, perfect for little ones and its nice and lightweight and small enough to get through most shop doors

10. Wobbles

Ahhhh Vivanco I was meant to reply to you about the phil and teds lol

It has the down side of no shopping space (kx said it was a pain in ass) and not being able to put even a changer bag over the handle which would piss me off double :lol: I don't think I'd opt for this driving (which is on my list of soon also).

The icandy is heavy and it definately has a negative for folding so need something thats practical for both.

11. Wobbles

What one hun - if ok to ask?

12. lorrilou

oh and they fold up quite small aswell.

13. lorrilou

cant remember what its called. I got it out of my great universal catalgue and they havent got them in anymore!!!! its just a plain black one.

my friend has the one you were looking at for her twins and she loves hers too.

14. ellasmummy

ellasmummy Well-Known Member

15. lorrilou

16. Wobbles

I definately want a side by side if not the icandy pear

lorri did you use with newborn?

17. Mamafy

Mamafy Mum to 5 & Angel Mum to 4

Hun I no nothing of the cosatto other than it looks cute:cloud9: but going on the experience of different buggies its hard to beat having something light:happydance:

I'd keep the two singles and get a more lightweight one for yourself

I know you havent mentioned a nipper360 double but at 9kg they are the lightest, more expensive than the cosatto but over 2kg lighter :D but it is a teeny bit wider but they say its no wider than a wheelchair so should (the wheelchair users will probably say some doors are still not wide enough though I'm sure) fit according to that:shrug:

I dont think I'd putt the money into the converter if its going to be heavy, especailly if you're goiung to be on buses.

The cosatto is 11 kg odd, my graco is 13.8 kg I think and its heavy but I love it as I do go out alone alot, billy no mates that I am:rofl:

18. lorrilou

i think callum was maybe 2-3mths when i got it

19. Wobbles

I don't like that nipper :blush: lol

20. Tasha

Tasha 4kids+2angels+16mc