Anyone with endo care to help me with some info? :)

PJS1982

Reaction score
Hey. A little background. I have 3 children, the last two were emergency CS. My first and third were surprise babies and my second took us 11 months ttc. Now we're ttc #4 and I'm getting a little worried about why we're not conceiving. I couldn't get into to see my dr until the 6th of Jan, so here I am! Askin ya'll :)

The past 3 cycles I have gotten what resembles ovulation cramps about 2-3 days before AF shows. It started the month I had my last chemical, October. The pain feels like a pulled muscle (which is what I feel before and during O) except instead of to the inside of my hip and lower where I get my O pains...it's above my hip bone and towards the back. I googled, like a moron and it lead me to endo and endo cancer. I do not have most symptoms of endo, nor has anyone told me I had this (2 cs and my ob said everything looked great in there aside from an adhesion by my belly button that he fixed).

My question is, do ya'll with endo get this type of cramping? I do not have heavy af or very light af, it's medium ground af. I barely get uterine cramping at all (maybe just feels like i have to #2 a little, but not bad) and I've conceived all my babies within the year "time limit". Oldest is 13 and I was on BCP after her for 8 years, then went off and started TTC and got pregnant with DS1 in 11 months, then DS2 surprise when DS1 was 10 months old.

So....I guess I'm askin, does this sound like something weird or something that could hinder my TTC? Is endometriosis something you can just develop at random, any time in your life? I'll definitely bring it up to my gyn when I see her in Jan especially because this is such a new thing happening with me, but I want to put my mind at ease somewhat before that cause the stress of it is just killing me! :dohh:

Thanks in advance!

ETA:
I forgot, the pain gets worse when I have to go pee. Doesn't hurt to pee, but definitely lessens after I go.

Many people have endo for a.long time wih no symptoms. Others like me have mild endo and the worst pains known to mankind. I get a very bad cramping around o time, I mostly feel it in my back but also around the front near my hip bone. At af time I get very low cramps, thy feel very deep seated and cause me a massive amount of pain, this af I was awake half the night with cramps the dsy before af showed. On top of that every other month I get two weeks of very low abdo cramps, after the first few days my uterus feels like its been in the ring with mike Tyson!!
The only way to diagnose endo is with surgery so if u can live with what u have now then I wud suggest doing so unless uv been trying for ages, surgery doesn't work for everyone, I personally get no relief from it and I just end up worse.

Try not to worry about cancer, I did and it made me scared to doanything about my pain n the chances of it being that are very slim.

I hope u get it sorted, there are lots of us endo warriors out there so ask away xx

Many people have endo for a.long time wih no symptoms. Others like me have mild endo and the worst pains known to mankind. I get a very bad cramping around o time, I mostly feel it in my back but also around the front near my hip bone. At af time I get very low cramps, thy feel very deep seated and cause me a massive amount of pain, this af I was awake half the night with cramps the dsy before af showed. On top of that every other month I get two weeks of very low abdo cramps, after the first few days my uterus feels like its been in the ring with mike Tyson!!
The only way to diagnose endo is with surgery so if u can live with what u have now then I wud suggest doing so unless uv been trying for ages, surgery doesn't work for everyone, I personally get no relief from it and I just end up worse.

Try not to worry about cancer, I did and it made me scared to doanything about my pain n the chances of it being that are very slim.

I hope u get it sorted, there are lots of us endo warriors out there so ask away xx

Oh you poor thing! That sounds awful! My pain isn't anything like that. The pains you say you feel in your back and your hip bone, that's about where I feel it. I thought it was my chemical pregnancy AF bleeding causing it at first, then I thought maybe I wasn't drinking enough and it was my kidneys, since that's where I feel it about in my lower back, but it goes around to just above my hip bone, like a pulled muscle. But it's not sensitive to the touch. It's just more annoying than anything else. I was told that I can have one more baby because of my two previous c/s so I'm really hoping! If I had surgery, does that end all TTC? Or does surgery help with TTC?

Aside from the low risk cancer part, is it health threatening? I mean, if you're not TTC and the pain isn't awful, are there other serious health risks? Also, since I was "opened up" 20 months ago, do you think it's something they would have not noticed? Especially if not looking for it..?

I have stage 2 endo plus fibroids and adhesions. I also have the "pull" feeling, mine is always on the right side by my hip. I also felt an area directly on my every that they scraped during my lap last month. Your symptoms sound very normal to me.... everyone is different. My Dr told me the connection of endo and the SLIGHT chances of cancer are mainly isolated to women who have not ever had any kids.

I have stage 2 endo plus fibroids and adhesions. I also have the "pull" feeling, mine is always on the right side by my hip. I also felt an area directly on my every that they scraped during my lap last month. Your symptoms sound very normal to me.... everyone is different. My Dr told me the connection of endo and the SLIGHT chances of cancer are mainly isolated to women who have not ever had any kids.

My pulled muscle feeling is always on the right too, but the dull back ache is on both "kidneys" zones. When you say normal, do you mean for someone without endometriosis? Thank you so much for the info and reassurance of the cancer risks. All of you ladies are amazing <3

It can be scary to not know :) I don't know for "normal" women, I only know me...but I will have very strong low back pain on both sides in the beginning of AF. The main concerns with endo and TTC is adhesions and scarring interfering with the anatomy

It can be scary to not know :) I don't know for "normal" women, I only know me...but I will have very strong low back pain on both sides in the beginning of AF. The main concerns with endo and TTC is adhesions and scarring interfering with the anatomy

My father and uncle both recently passed away from different types of cancer, so it's become a rather unhealthy fear of mine sadly :(

I hate not knowing things, but googling ends up being so much worse! haha dr google is evil

Can an obgyn tell if there are adhesions and scarring using an ultrasound or can it only be seen with surgery? I had an adhesion by my belly button that my OB said he cleared away after my last cs. That makes me nervous now lol

From my understanding, the only way to firmly diagnose endo or its complications is via lap surgery. If you don't mind me asking, what type of cancer? The main connection is ovarian and pancreatic but pregnancy drops ovarian risk. So sorry for your loss :(

From my understanding, the only way to firmly diagnose endo or its complications is via lap surgery. If you don't mind me asking, what type of cancer? The main connection is ovarian and pancreatic but pregnancy drops ovarian risk. So sorry for your loss :(

Thank you. Both of pancreatic cancer that also spread to other areas. My uncle, lymph nodes and liver. My father, lungs. They died within 5 years of each other. :(

Is endo genetic or can it be caused by my previous cesareans? If the latter, would it be less likely to spread? As I said, my last cs, my obgyn said he detached an adhesion that was stuck to my intestine. I started to feel pain by my belly button during my 4th month and thought it to be an umbilical hernia, but he said likely an adhesion, then actually found it during my cs. He never said it could happen again and he never said it was possibly endo. Should I be concerned that he never mentioned it, especially with him knowing that I would be TTC within a year or so?

ETA: The pulled feeling seems to go away after a bm, but return a few hours later. Blah

Oh you poor thing! That sounds awful! My pain isn't anything like that. The pains you say you feel in your back and your hip bone, that's about where I feel it. I thought it was my chemical pregnancy AF bleeding causing it at first, then I thought maybe I wasn't drinking enough and it was my kidneys, since that's where I feel it about in my lower back, but it goes around to just above my hip bone, like a pulled muscle. But it's not sensitive to the touch. It's just more annoying than anything else. I was told that I can have one more baby because of my two previous c/s so I'm really hoping! If I had surgery, does that end all TTC? Or does surgery help with TTC?

Aside from the low risk cancer part, is it health threatening? I mean, if you're not TTC and the pain isn't awful, are there other serious health risks? Also, since I was "opened up" 20 months ago, do you think it's something they would have not noticed? Especially if not looking for it..?

It's not health threatening at all, if ur not having problems conceiving and the pain is livable then I wud just leave it be. If ur having trouble conceiving it can help. The endo can just appear, it can also be tiny and they won't see it unless they are looking for it, the fact they didnt spot it tells u it cant be anything more than mild endo, but dont underestimate the pain mild endo can cause

Thank you. Both of pancreatic cancer that also spread to other areas. My uncle, lymph nodes and liver. My father, lungs. They died within 5 years of each other. :(

Is endo genetic or can it be caused by my previous cesareans? If the latter, would it be less likely to spread? As I said, my last cs, my obgyn said he detached an adhesion that was stuck to my intestine. I started to feel pain by my belly button during my 4th month and thought it to be an umbilical hernia, but he said likely an adhesion, then actually found it during my cs. He never said it could happen again and he never said it was possibly endo. Should I be concerned that he never mentioned it, especially with him knowing that I would be TTC within a year or so?

ETA: The pulled feeling seems to go away after a bm, but return a few hours later. Blah

endo can be genetic, but its not always, to my knowledge I'm the only one in my family with it so it can be just be something that happens.

They looked for endo last year when my pain started and dusnt see any, and then this year as already stage 2. You can have symptoms when its even just microscopic. Adhesions can also be caused from a c section, not just endo.

Endo can be genetic but not always. My grandma had it but my mom did not, and now I do.

Thank you ladies so much for the info! You're awesome! Hopefully at my appointment she'll be able to help me figure out what to do and what's going on with my body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->