Anyone with experience of Ectopic?

Mrs W 11

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I am starting to worry I might be having an ectopic pregnancy and wondered if anyone has experience of this and could tell me if the symptoms were similar or not?

I am 5 weeks and 2 days pregnant today after IVF where I had 2 embryos put back. I got a strong bfp and a 2-3 weeks on a digi at 4 weeks. I had a darker line and a 3+ on the digi at 5 weeks.

On Thursday (4 weeks 6 days) I had some cramping in my central abdomen and red bleeding. This tailed off to brown after 2-3 hours. That night I had a small clot of some brown stringy blood. Friday nothing at all. Saturday nothing all day except some brown discharge at night. Today brown discharge this morning but nothing since.

Starting tonight I have had some on off mild stabbing pains to the right of my abdomen. Does this sound like a possible ectopic? The area isnt painful if I put some pressure on the right of my lower tummy. I'm just worried with the bleeding and now this pain.

Also I am having pregnancy symptoms, feeling sick, heartburn, tired and sore boobs.

I had an ectopic pregnancy last year. There is distinctive blood, watery with very small stringy bits in it. They say its like prune juice, but I have never seen prune juice. I did have pain one side, but it ached not a sharp pain, and some shoulder tip pain. Had to keep going to the hospital but they could not find anything until for ages and then had to have the whole tube removed. Had swollen tummy by that time as it was full of blood. BUT that's just what happened to me.

Now I am super paranoid about this pregnancy, but at the same time have a really good feeling about this pregnancy. Good luck, if you are worried go to the hospital and they will check you out.

You're probably fine, but it might be best to check it out, since you are having bleeding and pain on one side. Good luck xx

Mrs w when did they say your first scan is? I had those types of pain last week but eventually it went away. Right now it's more of a dull ache. I was worried too. But honestly I think it's normal unless it's really bad. As for the bleeding, I've read a lot of women experience that in the beginning and it tappers off. I've also read that a lot of women have ectopic and don't bleed early on. Have you phoned the nurses office?

I have never had an ectopic however I have had symptoms that made my doctor worry it was ectopic and it turned out to be in my uterus.
I had brown spotting since the day I was supposed to start my period with sharp pain in my left abdomen. She got me into an early scan once my hcg levels reached a certain level (otherwise they wouldn't be able to see anything)
All is well, but if you have had IVF and you are worried call your doctor! If it turns out to be a normal pregnancy at least you have your peace of mind.

I had an ectopic almost 2 yrs ago. I was what they called "not normal" as I did not have any pain, discomfort, or bleeding. I went in for my first ultrasound and the tech got very quiet. And then advised that she would need to wait for the doc to arrive. I was then informed that they could not find anything in my uterus and saw some shadowing on my ovary. I went through several (3+) rounds of methotrexate and was still told "wow, that's so strange"... The methotrexate did nothing to reduce my hcg levels and after two month of that was scheduled for surgery. I did have several early preg symptoms, bloating (sever), nausea, appetite, more bathroom trips and within those 4 months or so, I gained an excessive amount of weight. Other than feeling really bloated, constipated and uncomfortable I did not have any indications of my ectopic until it was diagnosed. Sending prayers up that you are NOT experiencing this. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. Sending good vibes your way and well wishes. [-o<

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->