Anyone with husband/partner 48 or older?

sallyhansen76

Finally a mommy!
Reaction score
I'm grasping at straws but need a bit of inspiration.

OH is now 48 and not keen on continuing TTC. Says he is too old.

He has no kids of his own, but I have a son from a previous relationship. He loves him with all his heart and treats him as his own. The perfect father figure.
How can I show him that age isn't a factor? Being a father is beyond explanation and is worth it?

How did you ladies convince him for another?

My dh is 52. He says he definitely feels his age and sometimes just wanted to be a grumpy old man and should be past this stage now. I say its not my fault he left it later to have kids :haha: anyway, I'm not sure what it was the convinced him in the end, he had wanted to give up trying for ds5, but continued for my sake, then after ds5 he was joking about the next one and didn't take a whole lot of convincing.

My partner is 55. Im 38. We had our first son in July. I also have 4 children from my previous marriage and he has 3 older children and 4 grandchildren. Xx

As you know we are older parents too. Nick never needed convincing, we tried for so long before we had the boys.
Thing is, by all accounts your OH already IS a dad to your son and being one again won't change that by much. The baby stage is hard, whether you are young or old but it also goes by in a flash! A bittersweet fact as we all know. So if he is not too old to be a dad to Thomas, who is after all not that old, then why not to another little one?

My partner is aged 53 and there are 19 years between us. We both have children from previous relationships but he is very eager to have more. I don't think there is a limit on age, just a case of being comfortable and ready. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->