anyone with low lying placenta?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by NandO1, Mar 30, 2011.

1. NandO1

NandO1 sticky bean #3

I was just wondering if any of you ladies who had a low lying placenta at 20 weeks, when you had your next scan at 30+ weeks was it trans vaginal or abdominal?

2. ElmoBumpToBe

ElmoBumpToBe Well-Known Member

Mine was fairly low at 20 weeks, at 1st they actually thought it may be over my cervix, when I went for scan at 30 weeks they said its moved WELL out of the way x

3. scottishvixen

scottishvixen Well-Known Member

I had a low lying placenta at 20 weeks and went for a rescan today. It had moved :) Or as the Dr stated in my notes: not low

4. Poisonwood

Poisonwood Well-Known Member

Same here, at 24wk my placenta was grade 4 completely over cervix and i had a bit of bleeding so I thought mine would never move but it had last week at 32wk and you can see it clearly enough on the normal tummy ultrasound xx

5. Lauraaraa

Lauraaraa Love My Baby Girl

i ha al ow placenta at 20 weeks scan

had a 4d scan when i was 32 weeks, and she said it had moved, going back to get a scan at th hospital next monday, but going off what sonographer said at 4d scan then it will have moved. but she didnt wana say for defo obv coz i wasnt having th scan to see if it had moved!!

chances are it will move for you to!!! :)

baby was burrying her head in it when i had my 4d, using it like a pillow or summin!

6. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

I was classed as having placenta previa and mine has moved.

7. grumpygal76

grumpygal76 Well-Known Member

mine moved im now 34 wks 4 days

8. jjbump

jjbump Well-Known Member

Mine was low lying at 20 weeks but has now expanded away from the cervix. This tends to happen most of the time.

9. Macmad

Macmad Happy mum of 2!

I had low lying placenta at 20 weeks and it's still near my cervix. Got to go back for another scan this week. All scans have been normal ones not vaginal. Fingers crossed for you it moves. X

10. MrsF

MrsF My Little Miracle Man

heya hun, mine was classed as low at 20 weeks, and today at 27 it was still too low. it's moved a few mill, but not enough. i had to have trans scan as bubba was using placenta as a pillow and was squishing it and when he did finally move, they still couldnt get a good angle with an abdo scan. gotta go back in 4 weeks to see if it's out of the way x x x