Anyone with PCOS randomly regain regular cycles?

MaybeBaby1013

Reaction score
I was dx'd with PCOS in Feb '12, and before April of this year I was only getting about one period per year for the last two years. I recently lost 35 pounds (a little over the recommended 10%) and stopped taking several meds I was on for the last few years for chronic migraine since they weren't working anyway.

I stopped taking topamax and prednisone last fall, and Effexor XR early this year. The 35 pounds has been coming off slowly over the past 10 months. In April I got heavy spotting for several days that was the closest thing I've had to AF since 2011. May 31st I got a very heavy AF, and now July 4th I've gotten AF again. That's only 35 days between cycles. I took OPKs this past cycle from CD14-CD24 and had a pretty dark line on CD22 but not a full blown positive. I wasn't testing twice per day though, so I could have missed it.

Has anyone with PCOS had this happen, where you started getting AF back without intervention? Could I be getting AF and still not o'ing? I'm still going to go to a gyn to get metformin but I'm hoping to try (I'm doing IHA, going to be co-parenting) before my appointment which is 7/25.

Hello!
I know that my ovulation is suppressed by being overweight and if i lost weight, my cycles would come back regularly

Hi I just wanted to say that I have Pcos and was dx with it back in 2006. Last year in feb I got pregnant with my son and I am also ttc #2 now. I had irregular cycles before I had my son so had no idea I was pregnant when I didn't get my menstrual. Any how since the birth of my son I have been getting slightly regular cycles each month they are coming every 45 days now and before I wouldn't get them at all. I have lost weight and now I am exercising and changing my eating habits. I know that having Pcos is very hard but try not to stress as my doctor told me it can easily throw your ovulation off. Are you taking any prenatal vit? I take them once a day and that's it. I was on metformin also which helped with curbing my appetite a lot. My doctor told me that if you get your period that u had to ovulate some where. I have hard that you can get a cycle and not ovulate and with Pcos it's hard to say. Have you tried using opks. I did last month and I ovulated on cd32. I hope that I answers your question. Like my doctor told me loosing just 10 pounds can change your cycles a little bit and congrats on loosing your weight that is a big step. Do you chart your temps? Me I don't chart my temps as it would never be the same because of my sleeping habits but I did start using the opks. When was your last cycle you had?

Mine appeared to be getting shorter each month since January and now around 35days ish. I am trying to lose weight but its a uphill battle. Blood tests I had two months ago showed I do ovulate so I think a 35 day cycle is fine. Maybe they can even out over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->