Anyone with personal experience of Downs?

FEDup1981

Mam of two & two angels
Reaction score
I just wondered if there was any mums of a child with Down Syndrome that i could ask some serious questions to.
JUst been told i have a 1:11 chance of having ababy with Downs and i have some decisions to make. If u feel you could share ur experience please PM me asap. Thank you xx

Hi hun,
I'm still WTT but I volunteer at a playscheme for children with special needs and there is a little boy there with Down's Syndrome. He is such a joy! He's the most loving and affectionate child I've ever met, and also very high functioning - he can have quite advanced conversations with me while the other children (who mostly have autism etc) are unable to do so.

I'd encourage you to read Kelle Hampton's blog (google 'Kelle Hampton' and it should be the first to come up - it's called 'Enjoying the Small Things') - it's amazing. Kelle's second daughter was born with Down's Syndrome and the family had no idea until she was actually born that she had it, so reading her journey of acceptance with baby Nella is really emotional. She's now raising a huge amount of money for the National Down's Syndrome Society which is amazing too!

Take care honey, I'm thinking of you xxxx

I sent you a pm. I have a little boy with Down Syndrome!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->