Anyone with plugged ears?

rachelleigh

Reaction score
Anyone else suffering from plugged up ears? All day long I feel like I'm underwater, can hear my pulse, sound is muffled, etc... I'm at my wits end and would like to clean them out to see if I get some relief. I read you can mix equal parts warm water and hydrogen peroxide and pour that into your ear while laying on your side, then let it soak 10 minutes and drain the solution out. It's supposed to soften and break up wax, etc.

Has anyone tried this or have any other suggestions? Thank you!!

Urgh I've been suffering from this too! The thing is that usually when I get this I take a couple of Sudafed tablets which magically sorts the problem, however, it says specifically not to take them when pregnant.
You could try your method, but playing with my ears makes me very nervous because I'm afraid I'l make things worse, so I'll just be off to the doctors I think.
Xxx

I suffer from this even when I'm not pregnant! But yes, the past week for me had been worse because our weather became colder and drier. If you can run a humidifier in your room at night that can help. I have done the hydrogen mix and sometimes it works for me. If your ears are reeeeeaaalllllllllyyyy plugged it may take several tries on each side. If after 2-3 times it doesn't fully relieve it, go purchase a small ear wax removal kit. Not the candle thing, dear God no. It's just a bulb syringe ad a solution that you inject to rinse out (painless!) the excess wax. That helps me personally more than the hydrogen solution but the hydrogen peroxide has worked for me.

If you're in the US, if all else fails go to urgent care or your regular doctor. They can get it out there. You'll end up with a headache because you can hear so clearly!! LOL.

Also, sometimes treating the wax before doing the solution is helpful. Standing in a bathroom with a hot shower going (steam) and maybe some eucalyptus oil in the steam to help open things up. The steam should help soften it and the peroxide can help it come out when you treat it.

I had trouble with plugged up ears prior to pregnancy and it has gotten MUCH worse :( I feel like I'm constantly asking people to repeat themselves a million times a day lol. I will be watching the thread to look for suggestions!! Good luck!

Urgh I have this too which I never had before I was pregnant. Its always my right ear too. ob says its the build up of fluid in the ears. She actually said there isn't much I can do because its blocked air rather than blocked wax.

I didnt know this was a pregnancy symptom I just thought i had dodgy ears!

Mine are very waxy each morning, and i have to clean them now and again in the day too..weird

Try olive oil. Lay on your side and put a few drops in your ear and stay still for a few minutes then put a tissue over your ear and turn over to let the olive oil drain out. Do this twice a day for a few days and it should soften any wax that's in there so it comes out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->