Anyone with polycystic ovaries but have no symptoms and regular cycles ?

E

Ebony_Blaze

Hi girls

Just seeing if there is anyone out there in similar situation ?
Recently been told ( by gp ) I have polycystic ovaries but not the syndrome ?!
Thing is my cycles are like clockwork ! So I must be ovulating right ? So if iam where are my eggs going ?! Have a few questions in my heads and hoping to get them answered by fs in 2 weeks but just feel frustrated as my doc is treating me as if it's the most normal thing in the world when it may be on stats but there are my feeings involved !
Sorry for the rant, I'm hoping someone can help me or even give your stories ?
Thanks
ebony
XX

hey i suffer from pcos and never had symptons untill about 1 year down the line started gettin little hairs under my chin and a dark mostache periods were reli heavey i still have periods everymonth but i dont ovulate! if you want we could buddy up im taking 1500 of metformin to level my hormoan levels and keep my suger at the right level i have to shave off my little hairs every 2 days its horrible and my side burns xxx

Hey- I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries during my Lap and had ovarian drilling for it. My periods were regular- 28 cycle month on month year after year. The only symptom I had was acne but I ovulated regularly. I had follicular studies done the whole of last year and my ovulation was normal.

hey i suffer from pcos and never had symptons untill about 1 year down the line started gettin little hairs under my chin and a dark mostache periods were reli heavey i still have periods everymonth but i dont ovulate! if you want we could buddy up im taking 1500 of metformin to level my hormoan levels and keep my suger at the right level i have to shave off my little hairs every 2 days its horrible and my side burns xxx

Hi there

See I do get hair on my upper lip and small amount on chin, but normally hair remove it every few weeks, then alternate it with bleaching. Have you tried bleaching, if not would def recommend ( I'm dark hair and tanned skin and didn't think it would work but it does and saves always using hair removing cream which brings me up red and blotchy !)

Yay let's buddy up !
How long have you been ttc ?

So maybe I'm not ovulating even though I'm getting reg cycles ? Who knows !
I've only had the one blood test since having tests so not too sure.

Maybe I will get metformin when I see my fs in a few weeks then

What process are you at ?

Ebony
x

Hey- I was diagnosed with polycystic ovaries during my Lap and had ovarian drilling for it. My periods were regular- 28 cycle month on month year after year. The only symptom I had was acne but I ovulated regularly. I had follicular studies done the whole of last year and my ovulation was normal.

Hi there

Sorry but what is pid ? This is all a bit new for me !!

Very interesting to hear everyones stories, what process are you at now ?

X

Hey Ebony- PID is Pelvic Inflammatory Disorder. Basically its an infection all over the pelvis caused by untreated STDs or UTIs. I used to get a lot of UTIs and I think thats what spread. It basically caused a congestion in my tubs (think of nose congestion when u have flu) which damaged my tubes permanently. So my tubes are open but not very good quality.

I am currently doing an IVF and going in for an embryo transfer today.

If u r not sure that u ovulate regularly u cud try the Ovulation Prediction kits which basically tell u when u are fertile or u could try day 21 progesterone blood test which will confirm ovulation. You could try both of these in combination to confirm ovulation.

You could get ovulation monitoring done though I am not sure how expensive it would be in your country.

You could try temp monitoring though I have never tried that myself so cant tell u much about it

Hope this helps. xx

Thanks for the reply

GOOD LUCK today - hope all goes well !!

Xxx

well i have had all tests and bloods and poking done haha just waiting for my lap and dye and ovarian popping (not sure what is called hehe) and a womb check hopfully after that il start ovulating yes lets buddy up maybe one day meet up half way go for some lunch i like to meet the ppl im speaking to makes it more fun to do this rollercoaster together xxx

Hi girls

Thing is my cycles are like clockwork ! So I must be ovulating right ? So if iam where are my eggs going ?! Have a few questions in my heads and hoping to get them answered by fs in 2 weeks but just feel frustrated as my doc is treating me as if it's the most normal thing in the world when it may be on stats but there are my feeings involved !
Thanks
ebony
XX

Hi Ebony and ladies...I know it's been a while since this post started but I'm hoping fir some encouragement and information! Like Ebony, I have been told via ultrasound that I have polycystic looking ovaries...yet she said she could see where I ovulated on the left side (which I believe I did 3 prior as get twinges etc for a day) I've used ff and got my sustained spike and lp of 15-16 days and +opk's on JUST the day before and day of mid cycle pain...hsg also showed tubes clear. So when she said I had multiple follicles (15 on one 14 on other) I was soooo upset...I've been driving myself crazy reading up about ut and worrying that even if I am ovulating my egg quality may be poor due to the other follicles. I'm having the day 21 blood test on monday along with all the other pcos blood tests.

So, I'll finally get to my point! Ebony and any other ladies on here who got pregnant with 'polycystic looking ovaries', how did it happen?! Naturally? I know every lady is different but im sooo down since having been told about my ultrasound and worrying about my upcoming blood tests.

I have No other symptoms-periods are regular, size 10 (5ft 10 too!) no excess hair or spots etc etc, just no baby in my tummy yet and month after month of afs :-(

Thank you for listening ladies, can't help feeling very alone atm xxx

Hi A1983.

I've just found this as I have been searching for some information. I had an ultrasound on Friday and they found PCO but not PCOS. What ever came of yours? Did you get any information? Did you get pregnant? Thanks, I'd really appreciate some info xxx

Hi girls

Thanks
ebony
XX

Hi Ebony and ladies...I know it's been a while since this post started but I'm hoping fir some encouragement and information! Like Ebony, I have been told via ultrasound that I have polycystic looking ovaries...yet she said she could see where I ovulated on the left side (which I believe I did 3 prior as get twinges etc for a day) I've used ff and got my sustained spike and lp of 15-16 days and +opk's on JUST the day before and day of mid cycle pain...hsg also showed tubes clear. So when she said I had multiple follicles (15 on one 14 on other) I was soooo upset...I've been driving myself crazy reading up about ut and worrying that even if I am ovulating my egg quality may be poor due to the other follicles. I'm having the day 21 blood test on monday along with all the other pcos blood tests.

So, I'll finally get to my point! Ebony and any other ladies on here who got pregnant with 'polycystic looking ovaries', how did it happen?! Naturally? I know every lady is different but im sooo down since having been told about my ultrasound and worrying about my upcoming blood tests.

I have No other symptoms-periods are regular, size 10 (5ft 10 too!) no excess hair or spots etc etc, just no baby in my tummy yet and month after month of afs :-(

Thank you for listening ladies, can't help feeling very alone atm xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->