Anyone WTT after injury?

Alidravana

Reaction score
Hi All,

I suffered a slip and fall last February resulting in a Lisfranc injury to my foot. I had to have surgery, was 3 months non weight bearing and then it has taken most of the year to recover. I have a follow up appointment with my surgeon next month.

I'm just worried about how the weight and stress once I hopefully get pregnant might have a negative impact on my injury.

Has anyone been in a similar situation?

Thanks!
Jenny

I'd talk to your doctor when you next see them they will give you advice suited better to you. I can't help much other then that sorry

Hi just wondering how things went for you? I broke my leg last month (just before we had planned on TTC of course) which was repaired via surgery and am wondering how long you needed to wait post-surgery. Thanks!

Hi just wondering how things went for you? I broke my leg last month (just before we had planned on TTC of course) which was repaired via surgery and am wondering how long you needed to wait post-surgery. Thanks!

Hey TTDuck, what type of break did you have? I had a Tibial Plateau Fracture and surgery about two weeks after we started TTC. The whole story is in my TTC Journal (link in signature). We continued trying throughout without success. I was non-weightbearing for 13 weeks and actually conceived the week I started walking again. DH and I think that my body just needed to heal before I could get pregnant, despite our best efforts.

If you do TTC while healing, be mindful of the medications you take (if any) and ask your doctor for a regimen keeping TTC and pregnancy in mind. Depending on your brace or cast, DTD can be a little awkward, but you'll figure it out. Tell your X-ray tech that you are TTC during all of your follow up appts. I had X-rays every two weeks.

There really was no reason for us to wait on TTC. I knew I would be healed before I started putting on much weight. Happy to chat more - this was a life changing injury for me and very challenging at times - if there's anything I can share that will make your life easier, I'm here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->