Anyone wtt august 2015 and not planning on telling anyone?

hello_kitty

Reaction score
Dh, our children, and I will be going on a major trip july 2015 and we will ttc right after we get back. I dont plan on telling anyone since I had a lot of unsupportive comments when he had ds2 due to the small age gap (20 months). I've not the type to announce that we're ttc because no one cares, but this time I am not going to announce my pregnancy at all and just keep it a secret until my belly gets too big because I feel its my business and no one else's and possibly or last child.

Yes! I'm also wtt till August 2015 and don't plan on telling anyone. People have all kinds of opinions about when we should and should not be having children and I would just rather not have to hear it. I feel like his parents especially would have some advice to give along the lines of "are you sure you know what you're doing? Have you really thought this through? You know kids change everything" ugh. Lol. And many of my friends don't even want children themselves so they will probably think we're crazy/weird. But like you said it's my business, life and family, so we're going to do what we decide is right for us.

Yes! I'm also wtt till August 2015 and don't plan on telling anyone. People have all kinds of opinions about when we should and should not be having children and I would just rather not have to hear it. I feel like his parents especially would have some advice to give along the lines of "are you sure you know what you're doing? Have you really thought this through? You know kids change everything" ugh. Lol. And many of my friends don't even want children themselves so they will probably think we're crazy/weird. But like you said it's my business, life and family, so we're going to do what we decide is right for us.

I could have said this myself. My mom reacts kind of the same way although I never told her both times that I was ttc. She just finds out after I got pregnant. After ds2 she told me I should wait for a few years before having anymore.

Here, me too!
We're starting to ttc in august, and we're not telling anyone that we are. We will wait th 12 weeks to announce the pregnancy though.
I am pretty young. 22, will be 23 when we start trying. I mean, sure I'm not like crazy young, but younger than average and definately younger than any of my friends will be when they start to think about stuff like this. But me and OH have been together for over 3 years, living together and payning our own bills and food and all that jazz for over half of those 3 years. He is also 4 years older than me, will be 27 when we start.

I would just rather wait to tell my family when I actually am pregnant, cause I know they'll be supportive and actually be happy, but seeing as the ttc journey may be longer and harder than anticipated, I just don't want that pressure.
Most of my friends wouldn't be understanding at all though and I don't need anyone telling me things like "you won't be able to party anymore!" - yeeeah that may be so, but for the last couple years I was and chose not to and not for a single second I felt like I missed out haha

Hello,
We are waiting till probably June or July 2015 maybe even that August. We are not telling anyone because it is a private thing that is between you and your hubby. I have had to listen to my family and his family for the past six years, telling me we need to have a baby, I am glad people care but it can drive you a little crazy especially when you are not ready lol. Like Earthylove said we will probably wait till 12 weeks or so to tell people just because if something happens I don't want everyone feeling sorry for me (been there done that).

I am TTC September 2015 and I agree with you! I'm not telling anyone. I don't want anyone else giving their opinions about whether or not we should be TTC. Also I would rather have it be a surprise when I tell people and not have them looking at me wondering if I am pregnant yet. I would rather just tell people after I am pregnant.

I will be ttc my third baby...and I know it will blow people's mind when I do announce that I am pregnant...I am thinking about keeping that a secret too until they notice on their own lol.

The hype was wayyy over after I had my first baby. When I conceived my second, people gave me accusatory looks instead because they think I got pregnant again too soon! But we are fine, we're happy and thats all that matters.

I'm planning to TTC around then too and I definitely won't tell anyone. DH's parents can't stop instructing us to create grandchildren for them and I'm sick of hearing it. I would be really excited to have a baby now but when they lecture us yet again I get a sort of twisted pleasure from not TTC yet just because they want us to.
I don't think I would wait too long after being pregnant to tell our parents but DH and I have agreed we'll keep it to ourselves for a week or two to enjoy our little secret. We had announced our engagement right after he proposed and had to field a lot of questions that made us stress for the wedding rather than enjoy our new status. So we don't want to repeat that with a baby.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->