• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone WTT June 2014? And Hello...and advice coming off the pill?

B

Belle7

Hi All,

I have just joined and wanted to introcude myself :)

I am WTT hopefully June 2014... but could possible be anytime from April depending on how our move goes as we are due to move in 3 weeks time!

I have been on Microgynon for 8 years... And I just wanted some advice when its time to come off the pill.

Is it as easy as I finish my last pill in the packet...get the bleed a few days later then a month later should get a proper period? Or will I get a period after my bleed because I have not taken any pills?

Anyway hello :kiss:

Hi Belle7, and welcome! When you come off the pill, your natural hormonal cycle will restore itself. So after your last period on the pill, you will have your ovulation two weeks later and the another two weeks later a normal period again. However, you do have to take into account that it may take your body a while to restore it's natural cycle. A lot of women have to wait a couple of weeks or in some cases even months before their cycle starts again. Also you might find that in the beginning your cycle isn't immediately regular.

hi and welcome! i am on microgynon and am currently on a month break, before i started the pill my cycles were 28/29 days, my last break cycle off the pill was 35 days and i am currently on CD19 with no sign of ovulation on my chart/opks yet!

Hi, I've just come off the pill (yasmin) and waiting for my first real period. Hope it happens soon. Came off the pill on 2nd feb. Any idea when i'll get my period?

Hi! I'm also planning on trying in June of this year. I just had my mirena IUD removed the end of January. I had one period that started the day after it was removed that was quite heavy and lasted 7 days. On CD 25, my second period since it's removal arrived. Both periods have been super heavy :( But I have hope they will regulate length wise soon!

No experience coming off of the pill, as I was on the pill for 8 years and had my Mirena inserted while I was still on the pill. But everyone's experience seems to vary, and the time to regulate seems to widely vary too.

Thank you girls!

It's so exciting! I was thinking of stopping now but I am worried about falling pregnant straight away. Probably unlikely I know but I have known a few people that this has happened to. But then I don't want to wait until June to stop pill and have to wait months either. Oh decisions decisions :)

Hi belle - i could have written your post myself! I have been on the pill for 10 years and am hoping that hubby will be 100% on board with not renewing my prescription in june! (we currently at aprox 90%!)
I have a smear due in april (boo :( ) so was gonna talk to the nurse about it as i'm also confused about taking folic acid while still on the pill as ideally your ment to take it for at least 12 weeks b4 ttc and keep taking untill 12weeks pregnant! But i dont wanna come off the pill and use other methods for 3months! Just a confusing time all round at the moment!! ;)
hope all goes well for you when you start ttc! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"