Anyone wtt with MTHFR?

I too had a full term pregnancy after this thread. :) I was on methylfolate and methylcobalamin the whole pregnancy. Progesterone until almost 15 weeks, lovenox until 12 weeks, and baby aspirin until 36 weeks. :)

Congrats, dodgercpkl! :)

When did you start taking aspirin and lovenox (before or after BFP, at how many weeks)? Did you check your current blood thickness before that or just having this mutation was enough for these prescriptions?

HI I am new to this community! I thought I would give my 2 cents. I was diagnosed with MTHFR when I was pregnant with my first son. While talking to my OB, I had explaned to her that my oldest brother had (a very mild case of) spina bifida and my other brother had a diaphragmatic hernia. She tested me for MTHFR and I was positive. (this is the only thing I remember about it because it was almost 7 yrs ago) She had me take extra folate and a baby asprin every day. I took those along with my prenatal vitamin. My ultrasounds were good and I ended up having a healthy son! Fast forward about 8 months and I got pregnant again. I was actually pregnant with twins. My OB had me on the same protocol of extra folate and baby asprin. I was lucky to have another good pregnancy. I did end up on progesterone closer to the end of the pregnancy with the twins because I went into preterm labor with them.
They are 4.5 now and we are thinking of having another, but wanting to have a midwife this time around. I am wondering if I should start the same regimin as I did with the other kids. Its all so confusing!

momof3js, when did you start and stop taking baby aspirin? I'm concerned, the instruction says that it's not recommended during pregnancy. :wacko: And my doctor said that you can have it, but only after 12 weeks. Don't know whether to believe her or this forum where everyone seems to take it and have healthy babies :)

Congrats, dodgercpkl! :)

When did you start taking aspirin and lovenox (before or after BFP, at how many weeks)? Did you check your current blood thickness before that or just having this mutation was enough for these prescriptions?

The mutation was enough, but they also only gave me a therapeutic dose. I was on BA all through my cycle and lovenox after confirmed ovulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->