Anyone WTT with PCOS?

smurphy90

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I made my small introduction on the 'Getting to Know You...' thread but I wanted to elaborate a bit and see if anyone has any similar concerns or has past experience with WTT with fertility issues.

I'm Sara; I'm 25 (26 in Dec.) and DH is 29. I moved to Berlin, Germany to live with him in July 2015. We got married last month, primarily for logistical reasons, but since we knew we wanted to someday anyway, we went for it. Waiting on a wedding at this point. :)

I have PCOS and currently have NO cycles. I had one in December 2014 and another in April 2016 (though I'm pretty sure it was anovulatory). I have medications that conflict with hormonal BC and so got the copper IUD (Paraguard) in March 2015.

DH is really hesitant to TTC and even to NTNP right now, so we're taking it in stages.

I had my Paraguard removed today because it was malpositioned and completely in my cervix. As I said, I currently have no AFs so at this time we're not preventing beyond what my body seems to be doing. We know there's a chance of becoming PG during that time should I ovulate, and we're willing to "risk" that. We have a one year transition plan. DH is still a bit afraid but he's becoming very aware that we might have a very difficult time conceiving so he knows starting sooner is a better bet for us to get the family we want. We're very comfortable financially and we live in Germany where the healthcare system is rocking so we feel very prepared on those fronts. He's just a bit unprepared emotionally, which I respect. I think I'm only as ready as I am because it's my body that is not cooperating and the thought of not having children sends me into tears quite often. I'd rather now than never; timing be darned. So we've compromised and made the one year plan.

At my removal appointment today my gyn told me he'd begin testing my hormones in 7 weeks if AF doesn't return by then, so it's good to know he's proactive about it (a trait that seems to be very hard to find in German doctors in my experience.)

I'm really glad to have found this forum and hope people can understand my plan and situation and be supportive. Many people don't understand my urgency and his hesitancy and have no problems showing disapproval of either, and please, if you disapprove, keep that to yourself. I respect everyone's opinions, but at this point 90% of people I discuss this with are very discouraging and I don't need more of it in my life.

Wishing you all the best during your wait!

I have Pcos too, and I totally understand why you want to start sooner, because you figure it will take longer with Pcos. For me that has been the case.

I would suggest you working on you, while your hubby is getting used to the idea of having a baby. That way you feel like you are getting closer to your goal.

I started a no sugar, low carb diet 10 months ago, I lost 75lbs and it regulated my cycles. after 2 weeks on the diet I got my cycle back, after 5 months I was then ovulating every month on my own, and by 8 months in I was pregnant for the first time, unfortunately it ended in MC, my next cycle I conceived again, and I am miscarring again.

Obviously I still have some work to do. My body is getting more in balance, but Im going to lose another 50lbs before ttc again and see if that does the trick. If you haven't tried low carb, you should. It got rid of most my Pcos symptoms.

I hope you have a much easier time having a baby than me, and I hope your hubby gets on board like you want.

I'm so sorry you've had issues. Fx that you get a sticky one when you begin again!

I am definitely using this time to get myself in order. Even aside from knowing getting my body in shape will help me conceive, I know I need to weigh less and be more healthy for my future children. I've lost about 40lb in one year. The first 20 were without making active changes (moving to Germany just caused a lifestyle change) and the last 20 were over a period of two months when I was just eating healthily. Two vacations really derailed me since then. Right around the time I'd lost 10% of my total beginning weight, I got my first period in 16 months. I haven't had any AFs since, but it was definitely a good sign and motivating.

Oh, and YES! Low-carb changes the entire way that my body feels. It eliminates a lot of brain-fog for me, make my GI system SO much happier, and helps me lose weight easily (which is not usually the case with PCOS, as I'm sure you know.)

So yeah, definitely a year to focus on getting myself in good health, physically and mentally! I'm fine not starting TTC now; it would probably lead to a lot more frustration than waiting to give myself a chance to get my body in order. DH is getting noticeably excited though. He's starting to initiate conversations about baby names and to look at areas that have townhouses so we know where to look when we're ready for our next apartment (aka when we're ready to have kids.) So that's very exciting for me to see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->