Anyone's DH have low testosterone?

MUMOF5

Now a mum of 6!
Reaction score
I've just had a sterilisation reversal 4 weeks ago, and two days ago we found that dh has low testosterone (9.4nmol). We have appt with the GP in just under 2 weeks time, but from all the info we've read it seems that if he needs replacement therapy then it will leave him with zero sperm count permanently :(. Just wondered if anyone else knows anything about this? I have read that clomid can help kick start the body into testosterone production again, but I do to think it's licensed for this in the uk.

Low levels of testosterone can affect sperm maturation and the quality of the sperm. However, it is very common and treatment is very easy and quick in the form of hormonal replacement therapy injections, tablets, capsules. Testosterone replacement has been shown to improve a man's energy, libido (sex drive), muscle mass, sleep, erections, energy level, and depressed mood. Testosterone replacement has been shown to also decrease body fat in men. Losing weight can definitely increase testosterone.
If you have a low testosterone, one way to improve sperm count is with gonadotropin injections that sends a signal to produce more testosterone This stimulates the production of sperm. It may be considered as a way to increase a man's fertility when he and his partner are having trouble conceiving a child.

Make sure your DH follows a lifestyle of regular exercise and a healthy diet. Overweight and obese men tend to have lower testosterone levels because excess belly fat converts testosterone to oestrogen, another hormone. Shedding those extra pounds will likely have a positive effect on your fertility.

Sorry couldn’t help about Clomid.

Low levels of testosterone can affect sperm maturation and the quality of the sperm. However, it is very common and treatment is very easy and quick in the form of hormonal replacement therapy injections, tablets, capsules. Testosterone replacement has been shown to improve a man's energy, libido (sex drive), muscle mass, sleep, erections, energy level, and depressed mood. Testosterone replacement has been shown to also decrease body fat in men. Losing weight can definitely increase testosterone.
If you have a low testosterone, one way to improve sperm count is with gonadotropin injections that sends a signal to produce more testosterone This stimulates the production of sperm. It may be considered as a way to increase a man's fertility when he and his partner are having trouble conceiving a child.

Make sure your DH follows a lifestyle of regular exercise and a healthy diet. Overweight and obese men tend to have lower testosterone levels because excess belly fat converts testosterone to oestrogen, another hormone. Shedding those extra pounds will likely have a positive effect on your fertility.

Sorry couldn’t help about Clomid.

Thank you for your reply, from what we've read, hormone replacement therapy, ie: the patches and injections completely suppress a man's sperm production, this is what I'm worried about, as it's apparently irreversible :nope:

Hi, my DH has low testosterone. My RE told us testosterone replacement meds should only be started after our family is complete. It will cause the sperm count to drop because it decreases the body’s production of LH and FSH. This is because when the brain detects that testosterone levels have increased, it shuts off the production of GnRH. The result is that the pituitary gland no longer produces FSH and LH at normal levels, so sperm production declines. My RE said they could freeze his sperm so he could start low t treatment sooner. When I asked what he could take she only recommended vitamins and antioxidants. It's hard and frustrating because we had our first child without even trying! We have been TTC number 2 for 4 years! Good luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->