• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Anyone's Due Date Near Wedding Date?

Smallmcfry

Reaction score
Does anyone have a due date that is near their wedding?

Just found out I'm preggo (yay!)

Due date according to LMP is Nov 29, 2016

Wedding Day November 20, 2016

My first baby was a week early.. lol

I am trying to determine if I need to have the wedding earlier or later but its kinda perfect where its at because then my parents would be here the wedding week. So long as baby doesn't show up the day before or the day of I'm good to go.. lol

Conundrum...

Congratulations!!

Wow that is a bit of a pickle. Im already married so have nothing but empathy for such a difficult decision. I suppose its all about how you feel about either being very pregnant or post partum or in labour during your wedding? Also what kind of wedding are you having? If its a huge wedding with loads of guests, and dancing and photos etc thats hard going even for someone thats not heavily pregnant. Or is it a lovely wee intimate wedding with close family and a lovely meal? In which case its probably very doable xxxxx all the best, so many exciting things happening at the same time :kiss:

It's a semi-small Wedding I think with kids added up and everyone's plus one the total invited is 165 so most likely 75-100 will show up. So it's pretty small mostly of my fiancé's family. I'm an only child and my parents live far away and we already rented the lake house for the week, almost finished paying the photographer and paid a third of the venue costs, and it's a week that is convenient for the shop that we own for us to just close down shop and be away for thanksgiving week. My parents haven't visited me since I moved to Texas (16 years) and I think I finally have them committed to actually traveling my direction with this wedding,. Hence my non-desire to move my date I'm completely fine being preggars on my day. But some good points that were brought up was what if baby came early, what if there were complications, what if I had a c-section.. All valid points so still in a pickle. So far my fiancé's consensus is wait till the ultrasound see what the doc dates us at then make the decision then to stay or postpone. Guess I just have to wait and see.

Congratulations!!! Let me tell you though, 75-100 is not a small wedding! We had 80 (years ago...) and it was definitely a big day, awesome but also stressful. If I was in your situation, I'd reschedule. It sounds like you're doing a pretty traditional wedding so I'm guessing there's a lot of money riding on it? I wouldn't want the stress of knowing that money will be lost if I have to cancel last minute. Hopefully you'll be just fine right up to and after birth but there are lots of reasons why you might not be. Anything from hip pain to labour or a more difficult recovery could mean that you can't go through with the wedding.
It's still early, surely your parents can reschedule? And if you do it now, you're bound to find arrangements with the photographer and venue. Maybe you could just move the whole thing forward by 4 weeks? That would put you in a much safer zone.

Best of luck with your decision and I hope you have an awesome wedding day, whenever you do it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"