anyones LO didnt crawl and just went straight to walking?

Mrs-N

Mummy to Joshua James
Reaction score
hi

as the title says,

did any of your LO's go straight to walking and missed out on crawling?

joshua is 8 months next tuesday and he is very nearly walking.
he has to be on his feet all of the time.

im finding it very hard as he needs me to hold his hand so he can walk everywhere.

he doesnt just sit and play wit his toys.

hes not happy unless hes on his feet.

how did you all manage?

thanks

we really thought that lilly was going to skip the crawling stage as she was happier on her feet but alas at around 9/10 months she crawled and there was no stopping her, then she got so good at that - that she refused to walk!!

Sorry - not at that point yet. LO is just over 6 months and she's decided to roll every where :)

However, I've known a number of people who didn't have crawlers so I don't think it is unusual. My only suggestion would be a walker of a type to give you a break but some babies don't like them...

Hopefully, someone can give some better advice and suggestions :)

Ciaran started to crawl around 10 months and he refuses to walk/stand sometimes

we have a walker but he much prefers to be out of it and walk properly.

Sounds like he's just ready to run :) and grow up now - LOL.

Maybe set up some type of area for him where he can hold onto things other than your hand all the time? Will he sit in his high chair or something if you are in the kitchen working, etc?

Not really sure what can be done in this case. I hope someone else can give a better idea!!

Good luck!!

thats the thing he wont hold onto anything as he hasnt got any fear.

if he was crawling and then going into walking he would obviously be holding onto furniture and waking around holding onto that but he doesnt.

if hes standing at the sofa he doesnt hold on then he just falls.

and again if he was crawling he would slowing go down onto his knees if he lost his balance but he doesnt he just falls like hes a tower. either flat on his face or his back .

Awww - bless him - he's just going full speed ahead, huh?

Must be hard to keep up and always worrying as he's such a little daredevil!!!

Hopefully one of the other mums will have experience with this and can help more. Someone out there must have gone through a similar thing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"