AP/natural parenting moms, do you...

babyjiva

1st baby
Reaction score
use the natural parenting forum? seems dead over there so i don't, but i don't always like posting some of my questions here. so this is half a question and half a, join me

It would be nice to have an AP thread. I usually only post in NP about cloth diapers and babywearing. I'll join!

I find the natural parenting bit totally loaded towards cloth nappys and the occasional baby wearing Q tbh, and since Im using 'sposies at the mo dont really go there

Same here. I'm all for natural parenting, with the exception of cloth diapers (aka "nappies"). So, I stay here and on the BFing forum since I kind of feel a bit "out of place" over in AP/Natural Parenting.

I do all of the typical 'natural' parenting things with cloth diapers, breastfeeding, babywearing, and the list goes on. But I still very rarely venture in there. I've been using cloth diapers so long and babywearing so long that I don't need to ask questions and the other threads in there seem to be showing off threads which is fine but I feel like I'm past that now. :haha:

I never go in there as it seems all about cloth nappies which I don't use. And TBH baby wearing, etc, seems so natural to me i rarely need to ask a question.

Oh no! Just thought of one! Recommend me a carrier for a 25lb 7 month old!

^^ I use a babyhawk oh snap! with Emma and she is 24 lbs. It's amazing. I can carry her for hours without even feeling her. I only use the back carry now too because it's easier on my back. :flower:

^^ I use a babyhawk oh snap! with Emma and she is 24 lbs. It's amazing. I can carry her for hours without even feeling her. I only use the back carry now too because it's easier on my back. :flower:

:thumbup:

I'll start googling! Thanks!

Also check out the Ergo. It's very similar to the babyhawk. I've never used it personally but so many ladies have recommended it on here. :D

Mei tais or podaegis get my vote. That's what I carry my 2 stone daughter in. Wrap conversion mei tais are especially good as you can spread the straps wide for a really secure seat.

I pop in to the Natural Parenting bit now and again, but I agree, it's mainly nappy related, and since we did EC, Alice is out of them now. I'd like to see more AP parenting topics. I suppose maybe I should start some rather than moaning! I'll join you!

I'm in I try to do AP. We co-sleep and BF but not cloth nappies

:)

No because it's all about cloth nappies. I have started to explore these though, so maybe I should...

Ditto on the Ergo carrier! Eli is nearly 20 lbs., and I can pack him around in the Ergo for hours, no problem. :thumbup:

I do babywearing and cloth diapering, too, but would definitely like to see more posts about APing.

Eh, when I make a non-nappy related topic it kind of falls down, so I bother less and less. I mean, sometimes I'll get the odd comment but it's certainly not somewhere I feel I can turn when I'm having some kind of AP dilemma. Which is what I would like I guess if someone were asking me-what would make the NP section cooler? Instead, for me, that kind of falls to Baby Club/Bf section/Weaning section and that's hit or miss as well. Eh. :shrug:. Something about me and the questions I ask I reckon. I just have a moan in my journal where no one can hear me scream.:haha:

Nappies are just more exciting I guess.
I do use cloth nappies, but have boring ones that mostly work well so not much to talk about really.

Shame really as the NP forum was one of the reasons I bit the bullet and joined B&B rather than lurking.

I kinda flit between np and bc, I'd love to see more ap topics in np!

I am a bit of a fluff addict though :blush:

I'm not too sure what AP fully involves to be honest. I do BF and I am experimenting with wearing my baby (I am wearing him now!) . I don't use cloth nappies. I don't co-sleep though I do bring LO into bed in the early hours (4-5 am) if he won't settle after a feed.

Is there anything else?

I would also like to see more threads on this topic. I have been lurking in a baby wearing forum but find it all a bit overwhelming. I BF my DD but dont now (she is 17mth!) We did use cloth nappies until she started leaking in them too much and I have only just really discovered baby wearing. My second is due in Nov and I am going to have a go at babywearing but feel a little to intimidated to post in the other forum. It seems that everyone has huge stashes of the most expensive baby wraps and I could not keep up with that. Will still invest in a few though when I know its definetly for me.

Thanks everyone, I didn't even think of an AP support type of forum or something, but this is cool. Thanks for hopping on board :) I always wish there were more people on the natural parenting site but yea, it definitely does seem to just be about a topic or two.

I also don't use cloth. Seems like a lot of us don't. You gotta admit, it's really hard! I tried, I bought all the stuff and everything. My big turn off was that I had to change her every single time she peed. It went right through!!! I found myself changing her every hour and just realized I"d need to buy even more inserts (i was using an expensive brand) and just became frustrated and gave up. plus, she was refluxy and always uncomfy, i was not confident that her big bulky cloth ones were comfy enough for her either. i don't get the whole trend of cloth, the stash thing etc… but then, i'm not a typical shoppy type of girl either sooo….

to answer someone's question about what does attachment parenting mean: there's tons about it online. just google the term. to me it is about baby wearing, cosleeping and breastfeeding. that doesn't mean you have to do all of these but I think the idea is that the person believes attachment is healthy and wonderful, rather than trying to push their babies to be independent. we promote attachment seeing it as an important part of a child's development and our parenting reflects this as much as it can.

natural parenting is similar in that most of what is natural is also attachment oriented, but things such as making your own food, cloth diapering etc. are not necessarily AP. Hope that makes sense :)

Ergo is awesome. we tried many and settled here. it's the only one she liked.

So, AP parents I have some questions:
1. any 7 month old BF babies not on any solids yet? if so, why not? our LO isn't taking to them so well

2. i know as an AP parent, I can't even imagine putting her into nursery (not saying that other ap parents can, but she's never been away from me)… is there an age that you think is better than another age. i know eventually i have to go back to work, maybe :)

thanks!

I generally hang out in the babywearing threads, the rest of it, I'm an old hen at already so I don't bother :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->