apparently my feet are slightly swollen!!!

soontobemom

Mom to Emily and Jacob xx
Reaction score
had an appointment with my gp yesterday, should just point out i had pre-e with DD,although mild and was induced at 39+5.
anyway i have been threatening to develop it this time also, had actually been diagnosed with pre-e at about 29 weeks or so and they were talking about induction at 37 weeks. thankfully everything has eased except for the swelling, i have been also getting headaches and visual disturbances.
doctor told me yesterday my feet were slightly swollen and to take painkillers for the headaches. also to prepare myself for going over as baby's shoulders are resting on my pelvis, so he has a lot more moving to do yet. i am delighted everything is fine but should i be worried about the swelling, some photos

Attachments

• IMG_0087[1].jpg
    IMG_0087[1].jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0098[1].jpg
    IMG_0098[1].jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0096[1].jpg
    IMG_0096[1].jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi,
Didint wana read and run! hope u r resting! i am coming 35 weeks pregnant and would be interested to see any comments as by feet look the same as yours! i can only wear flip flops.
Do yours go down in the mornings after sleep? mine do for about half an hour then they r back to being swollen!
Do your headaches ease with paracetamol?
So sorry for all the questions! i just cant decide if i should call my doctor/midwife as i dont have an appointment until next week!
Hope u r ok! xo

Not so bad hun! mine get wayyy worse! last week at my OB appointment I thought I would have to cut my sandels off, that's how bad my feet had swelled! just rest them as much as you can :)

worriedk- mine don't go down after rest, they remain swollen. i can only wear birkenstocks or flip flops.
my headaches dont go away with paractemol either. if you would feel better maybe give mw/doctor a phone.

laila- that was them resting, prior to that my sandals got stuck as well, bloody awful, especially with a toddler to chase after.

slightly! I would say very. My feet swell, but not as much as that. I also find that they are better on days when I drink alot of water (as well as the other tips that you have been given).

OMG mine r exactly the same!!! i have naturally quite slim feet so was shocked when mine puffed up from no-where and didn't go back down, last week!!!

It is annoying when they say yes they are "slightly swollen" cant they see how mahhosive they are and how much fluid there is there!!

Have attached a pic of mine too to make u feel better lol...im being monitored closely at the minute for Pre e symptoms and my feet have been this swollen for about 2 weeks now and only occasionally go down SLIGHTLY after resting for about 8 hours!!!

I know how u feel its soo horrible and unattractive isn't it!! :( xx

Attachments

• feet....jpg
    feet....jpg
    6 KB · Views: 7
ah the joys of pregnancy :)
I hope you are all resting and keeping your feet up! I try to keep my feet up as much as I can. The minute the temperature started climbing, my feet started swelling up. It's very uncomfortable (burning, tingling).

Just a few more weeks to go!

Ouch they both look extremely swollen to me, how big do they have to be before they class as just very swollen!! Hope they go down for you sn ladies xx

Georgina they look very sore as well. Hope you don't develop pre-e and keep those feet up.
I have only been able to put mine up twice today, my poor little girl is teething and cranky so running around helps distract her. We are expecting a heatwave over the next week as well.
Thanks everyone for the advice, just wanted to know if I was seeing things.

i know what u mean, when they just ignore the fact u have balloon feet and legs it makes u think your seeing things but im going to tell them tomorrow that they never go do down and are just getting bigger every day!! Good luck and dont let them fob you off - especially as youve had pre- e before! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->