Appointment number 2

Arcanegirl

Bazinga!!
Reaction score
We arrive at 3.20pm and wait for a few mins.
Get called in 3.30pm on the dot by a guy, he was doing the appointment which i was a little dissapointed by as it would make sense to me to stick to the same person who knows your history.

So he starts talking and i cant understand his accent!
I made out bits and pieces but most of what he was saying went over my head.
He said he was going to give me clomid for 3 months to try and i was to get blood tests on cd 21 and cd28 to see if it was working.

He then goes to say that it doesnt look like pcos. I wanted to ask him if it was possible i did have it and it went away with the weightloss but i didnt, i couldnt understand him so didnt bother.

He then went on to gove me instructions on how and when to get tests done which resulted in me asking several times to make sure what was going on.

So after that i asked him so what did the blood tests actually show, did they say i ovulated or not.
No definate answer just went onto say that he was giving me clomid as thats what they handed out to those with unexplained infertility.

So we left the room and went up to the reception desk to make another appointment.
I just felt lost and didnt know what was happening or what we needed to do!
I asked the receptionist if it was possible to ask for a specific person at the appointments and explained what had happened.
Tried to get the name of the guy but the communication was that bad we didnt even know his name!

The receptionist went and got the registrar who took us to another consulting room.
Incidently it was the registrar who saw me last time and who i was happy with seeing.

She couldnt get hold of my notes as the other guy had them but got what info she could from what i told her and what she could get from the computer.

She confirmed i dont have pcos, i asked the question i wanted to ask before and she said yes it is possible i did have it and it has gone with the weightloss.

So i then tell her how i was wanting to know if i ovulated or not and how the guy wasnt giving a definate answer. Turns out theres been a miscommunication between my doctors and the hospital and the progesterone tests were missing!
The guy had given me a prescription on his own assumption with no results to look at! No wonder he couldnt give me an answer!

So its been arranged that i get my progesterone done again on cd21 (at the hospital so nothing can go missing!) and she would call me when the results were in and do an appointment over the phone.

Bit of a knightmare day but im glad i went back and saw the registrar. So i lost my clomid prescription but i wasnt happy with how things went with the other guy but happier now the woman is dealing with me again.

*Breathes*

Blimey BIG hugs!! Did she not agree with the clomid at this time then?

An I hate it when you cannie understand someone who is suppose to be dealing with something so serious.

Angry on your behalf hun :hugs:

She didnt want to give it untill she knew for definate if i was ovulating or not

Hate it when you get someone with heavy accent i had one Twice with Jack and was nightmare i din't have a clue either

I'm glad you managed to see the woman you saw before and like

:hug:

Spoke to you earlier, but glad you were so brave and stood up for yourself. It's too easy to get swept along with the docs when you want answers. Sooo frustrating that your test results have been lost and here you go again, but I definitely think you are doing the right thing being careful before taking Clomid. Big :hugs:

Hi just wanted to :hugs: it can be nightmare getting answers hope all goes better frm here.

xx

Hope you get some answers from here on in hun,

good for you standing your ground ... Hope you get the person you want to see next time

xxx

:hugs: Well it does sound like it ended up on a good not. You dont have POCS. Thats good right? So now you go in and get your test and you are that much closer. Good for you for going back in to get your answers with the right person. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->