appts with midwife

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by maybe11, Nov 14, 2011.

1. maybe11

maybe11 Well-Known Member

I ve just rung to go for 21/22 week appt after last week scan to be told next available appt i beginning of jan! Wth! Couldnt get in for 16 wk as no appt so i ll have missed all appt between 12 and 30 weeks! If shes so busy surely there should be an alternative?

2. max_bump

max_bump Mum of 2 boys and expecti

This really doesnt sound right. If she is busy there must be another midwife you can see? I wlould phone up and express your concerns. If they still wont give you an appointment maybe phone the midwife unit?!

3. Mummy Bean

Mummy Bean Parker & Dougs Mum

Is this your first?

I thought it was NHS practice to see you every month. does that mean u miss out on hearing the heart beat, and getting all the blood ect done?

Maybe try to ring the main hospital.

Hope they sort it out for u...as i would not be happy.

4. Bee70

Bee70 Well-Known Member

that really is not right! What if something happened?

5. maybe11

maybe11 Well-Known Member

I know its stupid! Its my second but i still need bp and urine checked! And to be measured between now and 30 weeks! Mw said our pct likes second timers still to be seen monthly too. Fst chance!
    I rung mw and left a message. Hoping i can visit another clinic elsewhere but theres surely loads of us trying and failing to get appt!