April bfp....please!

yellowduck

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm on cd 4. Due to test around the 15th April. It's our 4th month ttc. I've done everything right the last 3 months and no luck yet, anyone want to keep me company. Hoping for 4th time lucky!

Hi Yellowduck, I'm here with you! This our 4th cycle TTC too and I hope this is it. AF should arrive between April 1st-3rd, which (for once) doesn't seem too far away! I'm on CD10 right now.

The only thing I'm nervous about this cycle (gulp) is whether or not I'm going to ovulate. My gyno thinks there is a good chance I haven't ovulated the last two cycles. As soon as I get my positive on an OPK, I'm supposed to go get a progesterone test done - I'm nervous to find out the results!

Anyway, hopefully this will be our lucky cycle and bring us our sticky bean!

Hi joyfulinhope,

great to have some company! Why does your gyno think you haven't ovulated? How can they tell? I have no idea if I ovulate, I don't do opks or anything. I have other signs though like ewcm, do you think this means that I ovulate?

Fingers crossed for us both this month!

Hi yellowduck i'm on cd10 & will be testing first week of April. Second cycle trying after mc Last Nov. are u trying for ur first? I would definitely recommend opks as its helped me twice to conceive. I don't temp but i knw alot of ladies do t knw if thy actually ovulate. Anyway good luck ladies x

Hey,

I'll also be testing around the 15th of April :)

Wishing you the best of luck!

Hello! I'm on 4th cycle too but cd2 but have a short cycle. So probably testing around 15th too..

Hi mom2sam, tink and mamamelon,

It's great to have some buddies! I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriages mom2sam and tink. I can't imagine how hard that must be.

Mom2sam, yes we're trying for our first baby. Yes I have been thinking about opks, I worry that they might make me obsessed, I promised myself I wouldn't get too caught up in ttc. I think that I might get some if I don't have any luck in the next month or so. Are you ttc your 2nd?

What is everyone else doing to ttc? Or are you taking the more relaxed approach?

I think coz took me 5 years with my first i'd rather ttc proactively so went straight in with opks & preseed & followed smep & worked but mc that one so yes back ttc #2 again & on second cycle trying but in Nov wen i mc i did go bk on bc pill because wanted t gv my body 2/3 cycles before trying. Anyway this time using opks, preseed & following smep again.

I too thought would get obsessd with opk but actually found it more exciting lol also took the guessing out of it so came in handy with wen to bd etc x

Hi joyfulinhope,

great to have some company! Why does your gyno think you haven't ovulated? How can they tell? I have no idea if I ovulate, I don't do opks or anything. I have other signs though like ewcm, do you think this means that I ovulate?

Fingers crossed for us both this month!

I've been doing OPKs all along and I noticed the last two months that I got two positives at different points in the month. I started temping this month to really confirm whether or not it's happening. I haven't gotten EWCM since I got off the pill (weird, right?) but it's definitely a good sign for you!

Looks like we're on the same day. I'm On cd6 today and this is cycle 8 for me. Hoping to see that bfp in April.

Cd12 here & i think 4/5 days until positive opk. Usually get positive on cd17/18 so bedding marathon is on & feeling optimistic again just cant wait to be in the 2ww. Where is everyone else at in thier cycles. x

I think you might have convinced me to do opks! I had a look in tesco yesterday, I think next cycle I'll try them. I'm bding every 2-3 days from cd 10 - 20 but I guess it would be useful to know exactly when, and if, I am ovulating.

Cd day 7 here for me, the gloom of AF has worn off now and I'm looking forward to the next few weeks again!

Hi ladies may I join you :hi:

I'm currently cd18, i also ovulate between cd16-18 even tho my cycle is an average 28 days. I'm experimenting with supplements to see if I can bring my ovulation forward and lengthen my LP.

My husband and I have been ttc since August 13 we conceived first cycle but mc at 8 weeks, since then I've also had 2 chemicals.

This month I ovulated day 17 so I'm also playing the 2ww game. I use the clear blue opk's and find they really work for me, I don't temp but I do get pretty bad ovulation pain and it always ties in with the smiley face. I also have a clear blue fertility monitor and again it syncs up with the opk's, so I'm pretty sure when I ovulate.

The husband and I bd days 14-17 so I'm hoping we've covered every angle this month..... :dust: to all

I'm only cd3 :( still behind!
Andreabond, what supplements are you trying? My cycle is around 24-26 days.

Hi mama so far I've been trying progesterone cream after ovulation, I think it may have had some effect as ever since my mc my ovulation day has been cd18 this month it was cd17. So I'll be using it again as of tomorrow to help lengthen out the LP I'm also taking bromelain, which is said to thicken your uterine lining. My af is generally 3 days: 1 day light, heavy then spotting, this month it was spotting heavy, light, light so perhaps it has helped a little. I also take the conception multi vit by pregnacare with omega 3 and I've just started taking b6.

It sounds a lot but for me it's quite important as I don't absorb vitamins well due to crohns disease, I also have a b12 injection every 3 months but again that is down to having crohns, it just so happens it's also good for conception!

I also reason that the supplements I do take won't do me any harm if I'm not actually deficient in them (though I'm pretty sure I am!)

I don't think I would ever try soy or Angus cactus as I've heard they can really mess up your cycle if it's already fairly regular and consistent, which mine is. My only concern is I ovulate fairly late which makes my LP on the short side which can then stop a fertilised egg implanting properly. So I'm researching different ways to bring ovulation forward and lengthening my LP.

Does that all make sense :haha:

Sorry I think I may have babbled a bit there!! :dohh:

Hi mama so far I've been trying progesterone cream after ovulation, I think it may have had some effect as ever since my mc my ovulation day has been cd18 this month it was cd17. So I'll be using it again as of tomorrow to help lengthen out the LP I'm also taking bromelain, which is said to thicken your uterine lining. My af is generally 3 days: 1 day light, heavy then spotting, this month it was spotting heavy, light, light so perhaps it has helped a little. I also take the conception multi vit by pregnacare with omega 3 and I've just started taking b6.

It sounds a lot but for me it's quite important as I don't absorb vitamins well due to crohns disease, I also have a b12 injection every 3 months but again that is down to having crohns, it just so happens it's also good for conception!

I also reason that the supplements I do take won't do me any harm if I'm not actually deficient in them (though I'm pretty sure I am!)

I don't think I would ever try soy or Angus cactus as I've heard they can really mess up your cycle if it's already fairly regular and consistent, which mine is. My only concern is I ovulate fairly late which makes my LP on the short side which can then stop a fertilised egg implanting properly. So I'm researching different ways to bring ovulation forward and lengthening my LP.

Does that all make sense :haha:

Sorry I think I may have babbled a bit there!! :dohh:

Hi ladies! Sorry to read about the MCs that some of you had to go through :hugs:

I am due to test at the end of March, but am lurking a bit here anyway.

Mom2sam - nice to see you in here!

Andrea - I'm also experimenting with supplements including progesterone cream after O. For uterine health, I am using RRL tea...it has replaced my coffee since I have cut out almost all caffeine since starting TTC. I take a B complex and extra Vit C too. Something must be working because I got a LOT of ewcm around O this cycle (sorry if TMI for some!)

I am also taking AC (vitex) but only before O. My cycle is pretty normal except for my short-ish LP. I was sooo nervous to take vitex because I didn't want it to mess up my already fairly normal cycle. I always O between days 14-19 (19 was when I first went off BCP, and 14 was last cycle and it was very short). This month was day 16, so I'm okay so far. Who knows what will happen if I am still TTC next cycle. If the vitex messes me up, I'll have to ween off of it.

Yellowduck - I started using OPKs this month, and I have to say that, even though they are a bit more of a regimented approach, I knew exactly when to BD for optimal results, so I'm now a fan of them...I'm a control freak anyway, and don't often take a relaxed approach to anything, so I had no hope of chilling out about TTC :haha: I use cheapies and do it twice a day (at about 9am and 6pm) to make sure I understand the timing of my surge more specifically. I also temp, but that's not a very relaxed approach. It is however, the only way to really confirm that O happened. I find that my O pain also lets me know kind of...my first month off BCP temping confirmed that I didn't O - I still had ewcm so thought it was maybe about to happen, but no O pain and no temp shift. Next month, the O pain was so intense (I'm guessing since it was my first time Oing after years of BCP use!) With CM and OPKs only, you can get evidence that O is about to happen and get your surge too, but only the temp shift confirms that your body didn't just gear up and then stop.

Wishing heaps and heaps of :dust: to you all!

Hi everyone, hope everyone is well?
I'm cd 9 so still waiting!

Andrea, I tried agnus castus and you are right it messed up my fairly regular cycle. I took it as I read it helps with pmt symptoms but it added a week to my cycle and I think it delayed my ovulation by a week too. Things still aren't back to normal and I only took it for 2 months about a year ago.

Randapanda, thanks for the advice. I think I'm going to start opking as actually this bd ing every 2 days is getting a bit much!! I'm exhausted! And you're right it will take the guess work out of it. But I don't fancy temping yet. I think that would really stress me out!

Any news from anyone else?

Hi Yellowduck!
I'm on CD14 and feeling pretty good :) I got two smiley faces on my OPK and now I'm confident that I'm ovulating since I had some promising CM yesterday and two days of temp increases so far. I went and got my progesterone test done today and am just waiting on the results - hope that I'm ovulating!

Waiting to O is no fun...but it's definitely easier than the TWW! Have fun BDing :)

That's great news joyful. I hope the test results confirm it! Good luck!

:wave: I'm CD 13 and taking OPKs and this is my first month temping. I'm pretty relaxed this month, last month I kept stressing about catching the egg and wondering if I'll ovulate or not, doing OPKs every few hours. This month I'm just going with the flow :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->