Aptamil hungry baby at night - effects on poo?!

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by Hannahk, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Hannahk

Hannahk Well-Known Member

I've put my 15 week old on aptamil hungry baby for her last night feed at 10pm, as she was waking up at 3am when she normally sleeps through. She would wake up and just not settle, but found she's brilliant with this formula. Through the day shes on aptamil 1, which shes had from birth.
    Anyway, she has been on it for about a week now but I've noticed her poo has changed. It has become a fair bit runnier, and I also noticed bubbles in it. The only way to describe it would be like a McDonalds milkshake (sorry!).
    Did anyone else notice this with their baby if they put them on this formula?

2. b23

b23 Ollie's mummy

I might well be wrong, but I thought the recommendation was not to mix stage 1 milk with stage 2 milk, as it's like giving them Aptamil then SMA for example which can effect their little tummies. Maybe that is why her poo is different to what it was?

3. mammym

mammym Well-Known Member

I changed Harry on to this (for all feeds) when he was 15 weeks as he also started to wake during the night when he had been doing 10pm till 6-7am. He is still waking in the night so I on't think the milk is helpingm but I have just read about sleep regression/ growth spurt so I know think this is what the problem is. As for his poo, it has gone from yellow, to a shiny light green in colour , which I have heard others mention when changing milk.