Are any of you here again after a loss??

Mummy of Ange

Reaction score
Just found out yesterday im pregnant again after loosign my twins boys christmas day.

Just wondered if you are being monitored more closely since your loss?? I was always told next pregnancy i will be monitored all the time. Got to phone midwife today, hope they remember me from last time x

Congratulations on your pregnancy.

I suffered an ectopic at 9 weeks in Feb. I found out i was pregnant again beginning of April. I was told to have a 6 weeks scan so make sure bubz was in the correct place this time as i lost my left tube.

Im sure they will look after to you and if they said they will monitor you then they should. Just remind them if they seem like they are not going too. My first doctor said i had to wait until 12 weeks to have a scan and i politely reminded him that i would not be losing my other tube so would like an early scan.

Sorry for your losses hun. xxxxxxxx

i have had 2 mc's and had no special treatment :( they say you have to have 3 mc's before they think oh maybe we should monitor her!!!! which sucks!!

Just found out yesterday im pregnant again after loosign my twins boys christmas day.

Just wondered if you are being monitored more closely since your loss?? I was always told next pregnancy i will be monitored all the time. Got to phone midwife today, hope they remember me from last time x

I had a loss in November and got pregnant again in March

Well with me being a late miscarriage (23 weeks) i thought maybe i would be monitored. I went into premature labour with them both due to a water infection. They did say at my follow up appt that they will check at 14 weeks if i need a stitch putting in or not. I need them to make sure i dont get the infection again. Im always getting them, had one two weeks ago!!! x

Really hope this pregnancy is healthy hun good luck

Sorry for your loss. I had a 11 week loss in Jan, now I am carrying twins, my trust dont offer any support or extra care for lose who have suffered a loss. unless you have had three consecative losses.

But a neighbouring trust offers early scans for those who have had just one loss and they were who could see me when i lost my baby in Jan, so we had an early scan with them, she told me if i were in her trust i would get another scan around 10 weeks, and another about 12, i would see my consulatant with a week (i was 7) and that i would see my MW every month to two weeks.

However in my trust i didnt get any other scans, i even begged and MW said no, she also kept forgetting to send my scan so i had to do all the chasing up for that. i have had lots of pains and she said i was being over senstiative.

I saw her once, she never answers my messages and i dont see her until i am 16 weeks and my consultant after that. Its shocking the difference in my care of how it could of been.

So hopfully your in a good trust who will be attentive, but it really is a post code lottery.

Even trying to find private here is a nightmare.

I'm so so sorry to read about your twin boys, life is so cruel :( I'm not sure of your story, but my son died neonatally (not as a result of pregnancy) and I have growth scans and regular consultant appointments so I expect that to be the very least for you. Depending on why your boys died, the minimum I would expect is 4 weekly growth scans from 28 weeks, but as they died at 23 I would want a scan around that time for 'reassurance' if nothing else iykwim? Will be keeping you in my thoughts and hoping for a rainbow baby at the end of this long journey xxx

i had a m/c 9 december and now i am 11 weeks 3 days pregnant i got a early scan which showed i was 8 weeks and 1 day with the baby wriggling around and seen and heared heart beat. you should get looked over a bit more i do xx

I had a loss in Jan, had my booking in app today, they said they dont considder my high risk until after 3.

I told the midwife the EPU sister said she would scan me early and so shes booked me in no problem, just have to wait for the EPU Sister to call me back, but other than that I have my normal scan @ 12 wks and then back to the mw @ 16 wks

I have spoken to my midwife, she said i have to go and see her next Wednesday for my referral to the hospital and i will have an early scan. Also talked to me about having a low dose of antibiotics throughout (i lost the babies at christmas due to a water infection). Then when im further down the line they will check my cervix to see if i need a stitch putting in. Fingers crossed i go to term with this one x

I had a mc back in november and im now back here, its so worrying! x

I'm pregnant after 2 previous mc's, no successful pregnancies and they have monitored me a bit more than normal. They sent me for an u/s at 6 weeks and will again at 12 instead of just one at 18 like the office normally does. And had me come in every 3 weeks instead of 4. But my mw said that realistically there is little they can do to prevent mc again, it is more to keep making sure baby develops normally and that my body is reacting like it should.

Loss in Jan preg in feb wow I know lol. Not monitored more just a few extra hcgs thrown on, best of luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->