Are birthing balls really any good?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by Laura--x, Apr 18, 2009.

1. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

I keep thinking whether or not i should go out and get one or not.

Money isn't the issue i can get one for quite cheap, but is it worth getting one now or should i just stick to a pile of pillows? :rofl:

2. Nibblenic

Nibblenic Well-Known Member

TBH hun i bought 1 from argos for about £6 and i havent been able to use it that much as my back hurt when im on it for more than 15mins and need OH to get me off it lol

I bounced almost the whole 1st week after my sweep at 38weeks, NOTHING! lol
    Ive heard they are good to get bubs in the right position and to help u dialate once ur in established labour

3. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

Yeah thats where im going to go if i get one lol.

Im in early labor i don't know whether it's worth getting one or not because shes already in the right position and fully engaged x

4. Nibblenic

Nibblenic Well-Known Member

Ditto :D

Hun if it makes you feel better, get one :D
    Mind the pump that came with it was RUBBISH OH ended up blowing mine up, just btw lol

5. booflebump

booflebump Mummy to Toby

They are good in labour for allowing you to get in to good positions to encourage dilation and babys descent without tiring you out too much. Plus they are a comfy seat for the OH/midwife if you give up on it!! xxxx

6. sarah_george

sarah_george ♥Proud Mummy!♥

I got mine for about a fiver from argos, i must admit i do like sitting on it, i kinda rock while sitting on it and i can feel pressure at the bottom of my stomach, dont think its actually sped anything up though as I'm still here with 5 days to go and not much sign of baby yet xxx

7. BumbleBump

BumbleBump Mummy to 3 girlies!

The past few evenings, my ball has been the only thing I can get comfy on! So for me it was an awesome buy (only £3 in Sainsburys :D Although it's not anti burst so I'm a little scared it might go pop on me one day >.<).

So I don't regret mine at all, but no idea what it's like for labour, I didn't know anything about them the last time x

8. Dani33

Dani33 Well-Known Member

I love mine and really believe that it helped bubs' head to engage etc. I find it comfy too. Not sure about labour yet.....

9. dannydustcart

dannydustcart Well-Known Member

i got one.... its ok.. Ill let you know if uit was worth it in a couple of weeks once ive had my home birth :)

10. Pyrrhic

Pyrrhic Well-Known Member

Ohhhhhhhh yes! Take it from someone who now has a LO, they are FAB for getting things moving. When I was induced, I bounced and sat on one from 8pm-8am the next day, the whole time I was contracting.

11. claire-lou

claire-lou Jack & Martha's Mummy

Mine was great in early labour and I still sit on it now

12. Pixie

Pixie Well-Known Member

I love mine!! I sit on it at night while watching the tellie - not sure if it's actually doing much but bub's has been head down for weeks and weeks so must be doing something I guess!! Midwife at the antenatal class said that they were great to use in labour xx