are canesten pessarys safe and did they work for you?

Hello Kitty

Mammy to Logan xxxx
Reaction score
my doctor give me then a couple of weeks back but i said id try the cream first because i dont like the thoughts of the pessarys... cream helped fora few days but now im back to square one and TMI - loads of gunk came out of me today sorry...

just wondering are they safe and did they work for you? and how far did you put them up? id rather use my finger than the applicator... thanks ladies xx

I used for a day as had a minor infection post-pap smear and in the first few weeks of pregnancy; they were ok, but perhaps you should see the doctor to make sure that all is ok down there?

best wishes

Oh my god i used these about a year ago when i had really bad thrush to the point where i couldn't sleep through the night, i'd literally wake up and cry with the pain and itching! So anyway, i got prescribed the canesten pessary, i used the aplicator to insert it as far as possible, as this is what i was told to do by the doctor. Anyway, it did absolutely NOTHING to relieve the itching, all that happened is this white chalky disgusting substance was coming out of me for ages. So when you have to try and gently wipe that away, it makes you itch again. I really found it terrible but that's just me. If you do decide to use it make sure you wear a panty liner or something in your underwear because it comes out all chalky. I've heard the oral tablets are much better but never had them myself. Hope it gets better soon, i really feel sorry for you as i've suffered quite a few times with this and it's definitely one of the worst things i've had!:hugs: xxx

I used one once in my last pregnancy and it actually made the itching worse. I just used the cream after that x

sorry, also used the cream for a few days and it seemed to work well -- so maybe try that?

best wishes

the cream is fine on the outside but if you have a bad thrush infection it won't clear it up inside, which is where it is actually coming from.

The pessary is fine in pregnancy. Remember your cervix is sealed shut so nothing is getting through there. The applicator is safe too but if you want to use a finger instead that is also fine. It needs to go far enough in so it doesn't fall out, like where a tampon would go as your muscles hold it in.

Canesten also make an internal and external cream duo. The internal cream gets squirted up there in a syringey type applicator so you might prefer that system.

I've used the internal cream twice so far this pregnancy and it has been a god send! X

I used the pessary when I was pregnant with Pops and all was fine in 24 hours!

I have been prescribed the pessary during this pregnancy too. I think it cleared it up but since I had no symptoms such as itching before I was diagnosed, I might just not know. I would recommend you use the pessary in combination with the cream to help with the external itching.
However, do NOT take the oral tablet! It is not safe during pregnancy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->