Are cefalexin antibiotics ok?

Blossom9

Reaction score
Hi all, i've got a water infection and have been prescribed Cefalexin antibiotics. Does anyone know if they ok to take while pregnant? Or has anyone else had to have them? THANKS

Yep took em at the beginning and were ok , plus if the Dr gave you em im pretty sure he wouldnt give you something that isnt safe :) xxxx

i have had them a couple of times an i had a scan yesterday an baby is fine! so i wouldnt worry! sorry you have a water infection they are irratating!

yeh ive had them 3 times this pregnancy and same last time they are safe in pregnancy

read the little bit of paper that comes with them before you take them. i was prescribed antib's at around 10 weeks that really could have harmed the baby if i hadn't read the leaflet and gone to the early pregnancy unit for a replacement...

Or check with your pharmacist. They are usually very clued up on these things, and pick up on the little slip ups the GPs might make!

https://www.medicinenet.com/cephalexin/article.htm

Should only be used if there are no safer alternatives. Maybe you should doublecheck!

Thanks all for your replies. I've checked with pharmacist and midwife and they both say perfectly fine!! Apparently its a lot worse to take nothing and let the infection get worse.

It's good to know that lots of other ladies have taken them too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->