Are door bouncers good?

cat lover

Mummy to 2 girls
Reaction score
I just wondered as LO is SO easily bored with her current toys etc and I wondered of you think door bouncers are good / enjoyable for babies?

We got a door bouncer for our LO and she quite enjoyed it, however, she also has a jumperoo and that was by-far the best. She was entertained for longer periods in it. Jumperoos are pretty expensive though (it was a gift) and we managed to get our door bouncer for free on free cycle.

So, to answer your question - Yes, door bouncers are good but jumperoos are better if you can afford it.

The jumperoo rocks! You can get good quality second hand ones on ebay - I would have paid double the full price for ours though!!

cool! how much is a jumperoo and what age group are they for? xx

The jumperoo rocks! You can get good quality second hand ones on ebay - I would have paid double the full price for ours though!!

Hey hon how is Fran, how ru? xxxx

Hiya I'm good thanks! Fran is great too - although she's a right little tinker now she's on the move lol. How are you?

Jumperoo's are about £99 full price - but there's often somewhere that has them on offer. You can usually get them on ebay for around £40-45 and quite often in excellent condition xx

We have a door bouncer (can't afford a jumperoo although I'd love one). Sophie likes it ! She can be in there for like 30-45 minutes. I can leave her for a bit to do some bits and then sit with her and push her about like on a swing, she loves it!

Google fisher price rainforest jumperoo they are fab. Door bouncer is good jumperoo better. They r good for babies who are approx 3 to 9 months ish new £80 eBay £40/50 ish

Hey hon how is Fran, how ru? xxxx

Hiya I'm good thanks! Fran is great too - although she's a right little tinker now she's on the move lol. How are you?

Jumperoo's are about £99 full price - but there's often somewhere that has them on offer. You can usually get them on ebay for around £40-45 and quite often in excellent condition xx

Great, thanks hon!! We are all OK. Eek, the moving stage, I fear it wholeheartedly! :haha:

And so you should - we encourage them to crawl then spend the whole time wishing they couldn't lmao!

just a word of advice but my friend is a physio and door bouncers are apparently very bad for developing little feet. x

My LO has a jumperoo - and LOVES it! can be used from when they have good head / trunk control (around 4/5 months) up to when they're walking (or trying to crawl out!).

There are plenty of people who will not recommend them, but I got the okay from LO's consultant who said its fine in moderation. My LO is in it for no more than 10 mins twice a day.

arhh ok this makes more sense. maybe its more aimed at those who give longer spells in them. x everything in moderation i guess x

Depends on the baby! I got a door bouncer and it's one of the best cheap purchases I have got so far. LO spends an hour in it every evening (her choice) and spends that hour screeching and jumping continuously!

I like the idea of the jumparoo though, haven't tried her in one yet.

Someone gave us their door bouncer and LO loves it. We don't put him in it for long, I find it hard to set it up in my own, needs 2 people so I only use it when DH is home from work to help.

I have both, to be honest the door bouncer we have is very fiddly to get him in and out, i think he likes his as much as the jumperoo. I would look for second hand ones as you can get a bargain. would also look at how they strap in to the door bouncer...

we have a door bouncer and Ellie LOVED it even when she was in cast but we have been advised by her physio and orthopedic consultant not to use it as i could cause her to have DDH after just having a hip formed whether thats just advisable for her im not sure xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->