Are early scans worth it?

Ellahopesky... if you google pregnancy scans in your local area you should find somewhere. I found a great place when I had mmc as nhs couldn't fitme Iin for scan due to the wweekend.... had to go private then!

what week would be best to get it done? don't want to pay for a scan then not see anything lol x

what week would be best to get it done? don't want to pay for a scan then not see anything lol x

I would say earliest 7 weeks. A scan at 9 weeks is really nice you can see babies little arms and legs usually x

I am feeling so anxious about something going wrong with this pregnancy that I was thinking about paying for an early scan. But then I'm wondering if they are worth it? Is it a case of they reassure you for that day but then anything could go wrong the next day anyway?! Do they really aliviate your worries or is it a real short term fix?

I am 5 weeks like you, i have been worried this time also, my last pregnancy was 7 years ago and this time i am feeling so many pains etc, particularly one on my left side near my ovary, so i am going for a scan today as i have myself up the wall. Also got bloods done in my maternity hospital to check for an ectopic. I know i wont see anything today but if its just to see that the sac is in the right place, that is enough for me. I will get the results of my bloods on Monday so that will show if the pregnancy is progressing normally, after that i will "try" and relax.

Good luck babybabyno2, let me know how it goes x

ok so I'm just back and it was inconclusive as it's so early, there was a black dot like shadow but they couldn't confirm if it was a sac, I have no cysts as that's what I thought was causing pains I have. will get the bloods done later and hopefully get the results on Monday. she said to get scanned again in ten days.

Fingers crossed everything will be fine x

I'm feeling positive, I've no reason to be so worried at this point just because it feels different than my last pregnancy.

I'm getting mine at 7+2 Choc. The earliest I wanted to do it was 7 weeks. It's $140 so I wanted to make sure I would at least be far enough along to see/hear the heartbeat.

I also didn't want to wait 12 weeks thinking I'm pregnant, only to have a mmc.

I think go for an early scan if you're worried :flower:

Thanks for all the input! I'm going to talk to dh about it. Still undecided on whether it will reassure me for longer than about week!

If I didn't have early scans due to my history then I would have booked in for a private scan. I'd suggest having one at 8 or even 9 weeks as there's a lot more to see at that stage and the risk of mc goes down as each week passes. Usually once a heartbeat is seen the risk drops quite a lot. I also bought a Doppler to use inbetween my scans for reassurance x

It really depends on your situation, hun. I can only give you my experience and opinions.

With my previous, and first, pregnancy, I had s somewhat early scan at 9+1. We saw a strong heartbeat & the doc said to go ahead and get excited, start telling people. When I went in for my 13wk appt, they could not find the heartbeat. It turned out I had a MMC and the baby only measured 9+2. It was such a shock, and all the more devastating IMO after being reassured early on and thinking everything was OK.

I have gone back and forth a lot this pregnay over an early scan. It would be nice to find out what is going on in there ATM but knowing that ultimately- it won't change anything and what is meant to be will be...I have decided to wait until 12wks for my first scan this go round. I figure by then, some of the risk of MC has dropped and I will be able to have an abdominal scan rather than transvag (which I don't trust, for many reasons).

Ultimately it is your decision, hun. Just thought I would give my $.02.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->