Are false positive OPKs a thing?

LouisianaLady

Reaction score
I have low progesterone and have been trying Vitex, until I heard most doctors do not recommend it! So I guess I will head back to a RE. In the meantime, I was supposed to ovulate yesterday. I woke up, did my test and it was negative. Then, that night, I tested again and it was positive! I wake up this morning, and the test is negative! Is it possible I had a false positive test? I rarely ovulate so I don't even know if I can get pregnant, but I am praying. I used the Clear Blue Test with the smiley face.

Nope, a positive is a positive! However, it is possible to have your LH surge and not ovulate. It is usually recommended that you track at least one other fertility sign (BBT, cervical fluid, cervix conditions, etc.) to help confirm ovulation. BBT is most accurate.

That said, I would definitely count your positive as an ovulation for this month, so good luck and fingers are crossed for you! :)

It's unlikely, but possible. Especially if you have hormone issues like pcos. But I would still bd regardless!

Thank you for your reply! I didn't have much CM and I honesty don't think I ovulated! Maybe I just had the LH surge. That bums me out so bad. So frustrating!

I'd recommend using something like FertilityFriend to track future cycles, and track at least one other fertility sign, so you can be sure (if this ends up not being your month). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->