are gender swaying methods a load of rubbish?

i get a very almost +, then a strong + following day, then i test following day to make sure -.thats day i count as day of ov'.

i get a very almost +, then a strong + following day, then i test following day to make sure -.thats day i count as day of ov'.

So you don't test twice a day then just once a day?
Do you think it be worth me testing twice a day?

maybe to start with, i got to know my body pretty well

Each cycle can be different with me, my cycles have never been regular since I had Jessica. The only thing that seemed the same when I was using opk for a few cycles last year that I had 2 + 2 days on run.
I heard others saying when trying for a boy they dtd day of + and day after.
God I feel I'm getting so obsessed with it.

I tried to sway by only having sex on ovulation. I don't think it will work though.

I have 2 boys and DTD both times on the day of positive Opk. I got a positive that morning and DTD that night. We also DTD quite a few times on the run up to OV with my first 2 boys.
We did a really strict sway this time for a little pink one. I did the diet and everything...... I'm having my 3rd boy. We tried to DTD a few days before OV this time, but I messed up and ended up DTD at positive OV again.... Only DTD once that month though, so I really think timing may play a small part!!. I really don't know and it's probably 50/50 every time!!.
Good luck xx

I have 2 boys and DTD both times on the day of positive Opk. I got a positive that morning and DTD that night. We also DTD quite a few times on the run up to OV with my first 2 boys.
We did a really strict sway this time for a little pink one. I did the diet and everything...... I'm having my 3rd boy. We tried to DTD a few days before OV this time, but I messed up and ended up DTD at positive OV again.... Only DTD once that month though, so I really think timing may play a small part!!. I really don't know and it's probably 50/50 every time!!.
Good luck xx

So your first 2 boys could of possible of been conceived in the days leading up to ovulation if you were DTD then too?

Well, we were trying to sway for a boy. We tried for a year and a half and decided to take a break. The month we took a break, we ended up getting pregnant with DTD 4 days before O. We figured if we couldn't get pregnant doing it in the immediate days beforehand, it never would have happened 4 days before. Anyway, its a girl. So it worked for us, even if we weren't trying it.

I think it really is 50/50 then as my girl was day of day before, day of and day after ov'! and dolly has disproved my theory of multiple times for a girl...

Well, we were trying to sway for a boy. We tried for a year and a half and decided to take a break. The month we took a break, we ended up getting pregnant with DTD 4 days before O. We figured if we couldn't get pregnant doing it in the immediate days beforehand, it never would have happened 4 days before. Anyway, its a girl. So it worked for us, even if we weren't trying it.

I think they say it can be 5 days before ovulation you can still concieve :) but a bet there is someone out there that has longer you never know.

I think it really is 50/50 then as my girl was day of day before, day of and day after ov'! and dolly has disproved my theory of multiple times for a girl...

I know its sounding like it. I might still do a few things though and if it still a girl then 3 girls is what I'm meant to have.

I don't think everyone will ever fit one theory, gender dreaming says for a girl to have one attempt, it says timing doesn't matter but I've conceived two boys dtd on positive opk so I will be trying 4 or so days before (if I decide to go for a girl).

I don't think everyone will ever fit one theory, gender dreaming says for a girl to have one attempt, it says timing doesn't matter but I've conceived two boys dtd on positive opk so I will be trying 4 or so days before (if I decide to go for a girl).

Have you paid to access information on the gender dreaming site? I tried to look on but was saying need to pay.

Yes it's looking like it could possibly be 50/50 every time from the responses, but there is only a handful of us on this thread commenting.
I really do think the timing does have something to do with it, others will disagree, but in my case I think timing has resulted in my boys.

Yes Jessicasmum, we DTD a few times that week leading up to OV with my first 2 boys. I remember DTD every night for about 4 nights and then the night I got my positive OPK then stopped. I was using the clearblue fertility monitor and OPKS. I'm convinced we conceived the night of positive OPK from my dates and I usually OV the day after positive OPK.
I miscarried in March this year when I was doing the genderdreaming LE diet. We only DTD once that month, about 2 days before OV and they ' think' it was a girl :(
We carried on TTC for 4 months after the miscarriage, doing the diet and only DTD once a few days before OV. We just wasn't getting pregnant.
I followed the advice from atomic on genderdreaming and decided to DTD once at positive OPK as they believe on there timing doesn't work............ Well this resulted in my 3rd boy.
It's all just so confusing and a lot of contradiction.

My advice to you would be not to stress about it all like I did because you just get obsessed and then if your 'sway fails' ( that sounds awful to say that because every baby is a miracle) then you may beat yourself up about what you did wrong or what you should have done like I did when I found out a few months ago that I'm having my 3rd boy.

I'm just so sorry I can't advise you what to do because it seems that different things work for different couples...... look at 30mummy, she DTD the same way for all of hers.... So in her case timing doesn't work. In my case timing seems to play a part.

From reading a lot of forums on different websites and books, it appears that DTD on the day of OV does result in a boy, but that is only people updating the websites that have got their dream gender and will only be a small petecentage ...... So I really don't know.
Maybe give it a go DTD at positive OV for a few months and see what happens and maybe doing a bit of the boy diet.

I was a member of genderdreaming and all the info on there is free, you only have to pay when you get a personalised plan. I got one and followed the diet etc. I was really really strict, but it didn't work for me.

Good luck xx

but then maybe because i carried on after +opk for 2 more days it swayed it for girl unknowingly, if you remember with shettles for girls he said cut off before ov and 12 hrs after ov'...maybe mine was from the 12hrs after i really don't know..

Yes it's looking like it could possibly be 50/50 every time from the responses, but there is only a handful of us on this thread commenting.
I really do think the timing does have something to do with it, others will disagree, but in my case I think timing has resulted in my boys.

Yes Jessicasmum, we DTD a few times that week leading up to OV with my first 2 boys. I remember DTD every night for about 4 nights and then the night I got my positive OPK then stopped. I was using the clearblue fertility monitor and OPKS. I'm convinced we conceived the night of positive OPK from my dates and I usually OV the day after positive OPK.
I miscarried in March this year when I was doing the genderdreaming LE diet. We only DTD once that month, about 2 days before OV and they ' think' it was a girl :(
We carried on TTC for 4 months after the miscarriage, doing the diet and only DTD once a few days before OV. We just wasn't getting pregnant.
I followed the advice from atomic on genderdreaming and decided to DTD once at positive OPK as they believe on there timing doesn't work............ Well this resulted in my 3rd boy.
It's all just so confusing and a lot of contradiction.

My advice to you would be not to stress about it all like I did because you just get obsessed and then if your 'sway fails' ( that sounds awful to say that because every baby is a miracle) then you may beat yourself up about what you did wrong or what you should have done like I did when I found out a few months ago that I'm having my 3rd boy.

I'm just so sorry I can't advise you what to do because it seems that different things work for different couples...... look at 30mummy, she DTD the same way for all of hers.... So in her case timing doesn't work. In my case timing seems to play a part.

From reading a lot of forums on different websites and books, it appears that DTD on the day of OV does result in a boy, but that is only people updating the websites that have got their dream gender and will only be a small petecentage ...... So I really don't know.
Maybe give it a go DTD at positive OV for a few months and see what happens and maybe doing a bit of the boy diet.

I was a member of genderdreaming and all the info on there is free, you only have to pay when you get a personalised plan. I got one and followed the diet etc. I was really really strict, but it didn't work for me.

Good luck xx

I'm really sorry about the miscarriage you had :(

I think I will do like what you said and do a bit of the diet and do only once after positive opk for a few months.
Yes I understand i am sort of getting obsessed with it and I don't want to feel bad at all if I have a 3rd girl because every baby is a little miracle.
Will you be stopping at 3 now?

but then maybe because i carried on after +opk for 2 more days it swayed it for girl unknowingly, if you remember with shettles he said cut off before ov and 12 hrs after ov'...maybe mine was from the 12hrs after i really don't know..

We did carry on after ovulation with conceiving jasmine and problem was also with Jessica even though I don't know when ovulation was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->