Are ICs more sensitive than FRERs?

aidensxmomma

4 on Earth, Many in Heaven
Reaction score
I took an IC test this morning with FMU and got a faint, but definitely there second line. I went out to the store after that and bought some first response tests, the new ones with the curved handles. I took one with SMU and got a bfn. :nope:

I think I'm 10dpo today, although I'm not really sure since I wasnt keeping track of everything very well this cycle.

Is the IC test more sensitive or did I get an evap or something? I was really excited and thought this was my bfp, now I'm just depressed and defeated. Thanks for any insight you ladies can give me. :flower:

I have completely given up on IC, ladt month i had 3/4 definate positives on them & my frer was negative, next morning i had my period..

But i instantly thought, wow maybe the cheapies are loads more sensitive then listed, i was quite deflated after a neg Frer as in the past when i have been og, have always had a positive on a frer.. Was it a 6 day early frer or a 4/5 day one? I was mooching on Amazon the other night, 6 day earlys detect as liw as 5miu & 4/5 day early ones detect like 10miu app.. X

FRER sensitivity is 6.3 miU/mL (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16295647) and the ICs have a whole range of sensitivity, depending on brand, etc. Mine are 25 miU/mL (https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/cdrh_docs/reviews/K072500.pdf)?

That said, my ICs would always go positive before my FRERs. This cycle I've had faint lines on FRERs but can't get even a hint of a line on my ICs. I am thinking that all my early 'positives' on ICs might actually have been evaps, and it was just a coincidence that later on I actually happened to be pregnant? :x

Chiming in late, but It is possible to get 10miu IC's. Those are the one's I always aim for, as if I am going to use a few 25miu I may as well grab Walmart/$ store here and save on shipping. BUT if you are a true POAS-aholic then IC even 25miu save alot of money.
I always remember what I was taught in medical training - all tests that are FDA approved have to consistently recognize a certain substance at a stated level.
The only way they can sell a FDA approved product is to consistently deliver the level of accuracy they claim ( there is an error allowance but very low %).
Therefore ( insert geeky glasses wearing Smiley) in order for a test to advertise they are accurate in detecting 25miu, they actually need to detect less in lab trials - but never claim their lowest amt due to CYA legal reasoning.
So I don't necessarily think ICs are a dab thing, but depending in manufacturer, they can use really cheap @$$ dyes, or assembly methods (half the VeriQuick I bought 2 months ago were assembled with control line dead center of result window and you had to open them to even see the result line!?).
They are still allowed to sell technically because they have proved the ink showed at whatever level, but they get around false BFP lawsuits by claiming dye run, faulty test, improper shipping/storage blah blah...

I am in Florida...you know...1/2 a block from the lava falls of hell?
It's HOT here...always. And my pharmacist just told me many ppl are giving up getting meds shipped because they are subject to so many temp changes before left in an oven like mailbox here, that many pt's are finding their meds do not work correctly.
I thought that was interesting, so perhaps the ICs are suffering the same fate since they are usually shipped. :shrug:

that first link is quite intresting, the Clearblue earliest result only 25miu?! To me, thats not sensitive enough for an early detection, knew i wasnt far off with the frer miu :)

Thx for those sensitivity links Wants
Gah just looked at my ticker...I've been TTC long enough to be holding a baby now:shock:
...sigh. Anyone else hearing the TICK...TICK...TICK besides me age wise??

I always remember the saying good things come to those who wait, :) all about timing .. But im not the most patient of people lol! I am one tube down & it took 6 months nearly ttc our first with both tubes,it'll be longer this time i reckon for sure :-/

Claire silly question, but are there any meds that increase you chance to O each month from the tube you have? I mean I know they can stim you to make more eggs, since left alone most women ovulate from alternate sides. Just wondered what they would give for this...

There are, haven't been to Drs yet but if not conceived after 6 months, i be gioing to Drs, theres something called Clomid? It stimulates egg release or something, multiples are possible (eeeek) Hospital said when they removed other tube that my left one was all good, straight, not stuck together or anythung but that was before i was all stitched up as such, im gonna give it until October, no luck, then off to get some drugs lol,

Plus, im 34 - 35 next March, in UK with the healthcare (national health service) we have, with fertility issues, outside of 35yrs theres certain limits/factors on women ttc, so need to get going with it really.

Ah ok Thx
I knew about Clomid, and def chance of mult hehe
Like I said silly question - there are so many new meds now I wasn't sure.
Well hopefully you won't have to run off to get any drugs, and get your BFP. They say it only takes 1, as in sperm, egg, sex, so no doubt true with tubes as well!
:dust:

Absolutely! ;) im thinking that all spermies are swimming up one tube instead of 2 ha ha! Thinking i may buy some more Conceive Plus - Same as PreSeed lube, i used this few yrs ago & it seemed to help! Bring on the lube baby haha

Ooh that's true!!
Attn :spermy: Detour ahead! All merge now! hehe
That's cool actually. With 2 tubes some go one way some go the other...wonder how much it increases chances for them all to be forced to same tube?

Not for me - I tested with an IC first this morning and it gave me a definite BFN, then broke down and tested with a FRER and it immediately had a second line. Had the same thing happen with DD, except it was a ClearBlue that gave me a false BFN and the FRER gave me the positive right away.

Ooh that's true!!
Attn :spermy: Detour ahead! All merge now! hehe
That's cool actually. With 2 tubes some go one way some go the other...wonder how much it increases chances for them all to be forced to same tube?

Ha ha!! Yup they're up there with road signs 'closed road ahead - follow diversion' lol!

I always wondered that even before i had one tube..

Kitteh Congrats hun!
Most ladies here love frer.
I am holding back my 2 until I see something on the cheapie walmart test.
If I get a line there, frer should be stronger if it's real.
I just have kicked myself the last 6 months for all the $ i wasted on frer gah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->