Are LUSH products ok to use during pregnancy?

ribboninthesky

Proud Mum of 3! :o)
Reaction score
Hi Ladies, received the LUSH Christmas mag today and I've been drooling over it all day!

OH said that if there is anything i want from it, he will get it for me, but I'm not sure whether the products are OK or not to use?

Does anyone have any idea please?

Shell xx

no idea but i was thinking the very same thing yesterday lol maybe e-mail them and ask

ONE of the massage bars??

I want LOTS.........of EVERYTHING!! :rofl::rofl:

Suppose I could drop them an email to ask, that's if they would know? xxx

Hi, I went to LUSh recently and got a few balls that go in the bath and a massage bar and they told me when I asked if they are safe for pregnancy that almost all their products are safety approved for pregnancy. They also said to ask about ones that have too strong an oil, but that was it. Just ask when you go in. :) The bath ones are totally fine. (and the massage bar I got.)

P.S: The massage bar I was approved for (that I was told would help with the hormones) is called : Therapy. It is to "lift your spirits and help with scars and stretch marks".

That is what it says on the label. :)

this is going to sound wierd but when i was preggers i craved smells of soaps haha not food so i lived in LUSHland haha it was my heaven it became my second home in the shower xx

I was thinking the exact same thing,I love Lush!
Mmm,lovely baths and massage bars ...

Hi chick.I bought some stuff when I was preggo and was told most of it was fine but when youre in your 3rd trimester to just check theyre approved.So when you put together your order I would definitely just give them a little call/email and double check your products xx

I have loads of lush stuff and I never thought about whether they are ok for pregnancy?

I've not been able to use my deodorant bar though as it's stinging when I do, I'm guessing this is down to hormonal changes?

Lush are a customer of ours, i speak to the MD (owner) quite a lot, if i speak to him soon i will ask. He NEVER bring me any products :cry:

Mmmmm soft couer or the honeymooner massage bar! Heavenly.

I too would love to know if the products are safe!

I've used Lush bath bombs and massage bars during pregnancy. I would suggest to be on the safe side to avoid any that contain lavendar or rosemary (or any of the other potentially harmful oils, I'm sure google will divulge all!).

I went into Lush yesterday and bought some stuff, asked what's safe to use whilst in pregnancy, and the manager told me it was all safe even in 1st tri as none of them contain enough essential oils to do any damage x

I emailed LUSH when I was pregnant with my 1st child, as I had these concerns too. This is the reply I got! Hope to help xx

Dear Karen

Thank you for your recent e-mail

In response to your query, after checking with our Head Formulator we feel
that all of our products should be suitable for use whilst pregnant, trying
for a baby and when breastfeeding. The amount of essential oils included
should pose no problem, we understand that in the practice of aromatherapy
where a high concentration of oils are applied to the skin certain oils are
to be avoided, however the amount of essential oils included in our
cosmetics should pose no problem.

We feel that our 'Therapy' Massage Bar is especially lovely for 'Mums to
be', as it can be used to keep tummy's moisturised. Any products that
moisturise the body and help to keep the skin supple and stretchable (to
help prevent stretch marks) will be ideal for you at this time. Our
'Butterball' Bath Ballistic is another good choice (soothing fragrance and
contains pieces of real cocoa butter for moisturising the skin) and either
of our body moisturisers will be suitable. The 'Dream Cream' hand and body
lotion is great for especially dry skins and 'Sympathy For The Skin' is a
moisturising cream which can be used after a bath/shower to keep skin soft
and supple to help prevent stretch marks.

Thank you for the time taken to contact us. We do hope you will
continue to
enjoy Lush products in the future and if you have any further comments or
queries do not hesitate to contact us again.
It will be fine for you to use the lovely smellies that you have stashed
in your bathroom!
Regards
Jared

I bought the Twikle Twinkle bathbomb on saturday and massage bar mentioned above and wow!
I was in heaven :)
Go for it ladies!

Oh my god,I had never even considered they could have been bad during pregnancy!:dohh:

But thankfully my LUSH addiction can continue. I have so many bars and bombs and bubble bars in a pamper box I recently decided to have more long soaks in the bath.....hmmmm must mention in passing to hubby that they are safe and massage bars are especially good!

Emma.xx

I've been using their shampoo and conditioner throughout pregnancy but took the shower gel I got from there back as it contained some banned oil and I didn't want to take the risk (even though they'd said it only has a little bit in that shouldn't have any effect).

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->