Are my chances out for this month? :( Updated

sheeps24

A mummy!
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I would really appreciate some help right now. I have been ttc for a coupe of weeks and I didn't want to use ovulation kits or anything like that because I know I'll get all crazy and obsessive. I don't know how long my cycles are but I went on guessing that it would be average so I worked out that thursday was ovulation day because its 14 days before af is due. Now I am having some bad pains in my lower left abdomen so im thinking its maybe today unless the pain is something else? my oh is not here and we bd'd thursday so are my chances still in? sorry its so long!

Anyone?

Could this also be implantation cramping? Also feeling very sick right now

Hi there, I'm not sure about that because 14 days is just a myth really most women ovulate at all different times the 14 day thing is just a basic average. The truth is the only way to confirm ovulation is to chart ur bbt an use opks other than that track ur cm etc..

are ur cycles regular? Do u track cm? Xx

When I was on the pill I knew exactly what day it started and what day it ended but I don't know if it will be the same now

14 days before AF isn't always correct. Most women ovulate on different cycle days. Your cycle length can change each month too. So it's pretty much impossible to know when you ovulated (without charting and sometimes opks)until you actually get your period and if you know your luteal phase. I'd BD if you're getting pains like that. Do you have other fertile signs like ewcm? xx

So if I count the days from my last af until my next one will I know roughly how many days my cycle is? Sorry If its tmi but I get cm quite a lot anyway and have for a long time so its not really any different to me xx

There are different types of CM

-dry (barely any)
-sticky (thick like cream/paste, makes a peak when you try to stretch it)
-creamy (like lotion)
-watery (like water)
-ewcm (like eggwhite or snot, very stretchy)

Watery and EWCM is fertile cervical mucus. You tend to get a lot of it right before ovulation and during. I get lots of cervical mucus throughout my cycle as well, but there are different kinds like I mentioned above. If you have fertile CM, then I'd get to the baby dancing asap lol!

Cycle day one is the first day of your period, so that's how you figure out your cycle length. From the first day of your period, to the day before the next one starts. xx

Ahhh ok I get it a bit more now :p I don't actually live with my oh so we can't bd as often as needed! Were very close to affording a place of our own so we wanted to start trying (people will probably think this isn't ideal but we have been together over 4 years and have a very supportive family) :)

If you bd on thurs and not since, then if you o today it's probably not likely. Sperm typically live up to 3 days in the woman. And about implantation...that usually occurs from 6 DPO - 12 DPO.

Its confusing becuase I watched a documentary in the womb it was fascinating and on that they said sperm can live up to 7 days and other places say 5 I hope there not out :(

yeah, there is different info out there...I'm just going by what my OB told me with the 3 days. Good luck and I do hope it still works out for you

I've finally counted the days from my last af and to when I expect my next af but obv its not certain until I get my af but it works out at 29 days. Is that short? Can anyone maybe suggest what day I might of ovulated?

Its confusing becuase I watched a documentary in the womb it was fascinating and on that they said sperm can live up to 7 days and other places say 5 I hope there not out :(

I've never heard 7 days. 5 days at most if it's in ideal conditions (lots of ewcm). They live on average for about 3-4 days. If you don't get a lot of ewcm, a sperm friendly lube that mimics ewcm is the best way to go. I use conceive plus. I use it before we BD and even when we don't bd (to help sperm live longer) xx

I've finally counted the days from my last af and to when I expect my next af but obv its not certain until I get my af but it works out at 29 days. Is that short? Can anyone maybe suggest what day I might of ovulated?

That's normal. It depends on how long your luteal phase is (time from ovulation to period). The average is about 12-13 days. I'd do the deed from CD12 to CD21. That should cover your bases if you have a normal 29 day cycle xx

I have a 30-32 day cycle but I think my LP is 11-12 days. I'm only on month 2 of temping and last month it was 12. So I tend to O around CD 19! Late!!

Even with a seemingly normal cycle, ovulation can be anywhere! I strongly recommend opks and temping next month, if possible for you!

Thankyou for your help Taylor we bd on cd14 can't bd when needed because don't see him all the time but I'm hoping itl still be possible.

Thankyou aswell Ash if I'm not successful soon will start using opks and I'm gonna sound really stupid but what is temping?

Thankyou for your help Taylor we bd on cd14 can't bd when needed because don't see him all the time but I'm hoping itl still be possible.

Thankyou aswell Ash if I'm not successful soon will start using opks and I'm gonna sound really stupid but what is temping?

Nothing is stupid, we're all learning! Temping is using a basal body thermometer to take your temperature at the same time every morning after 3 hours of sleep. Your temperature will tell you what day you ovulated on. My temperatures and chart is in my signature called 'my ovulation chart'. It seems overwhelming, but it's really not. All you are doing is taking your temperature. The reason this works is because estrogen is the hormone that dominates your pre ovulation phase and it's characterized by low temps, and progesterone increases after ovulation and is characterized by high temps. Your temperature should shift drastically after you ovulate, letting you know what day you ovulated on and whether or not you timed intercourse well.

Hope this makes sense, I'm on my phone!

Nothing is stupid, we're all learning! Temping is using a basal body thermometer to take your temperature at the same time every morning after 3 hours of sleep. Your temperature will tell you what day you ovulated on. My temperatures and chart is in my signature called 'my ovulation chart'. It seems overwhelming, but it's really not. All you are doing is taking your temperature. The reason this works is because estrogen is the hormone that dominates your pre ovulation phase and it's characterized by low temps, and progesterone increases after ovulation and is characterized by high temps. Your temperature should shift drastically after you ovulate, letting you know what day you ovulated on and whether or not you timed intercourse well.

Hope this makes sense, I'm on my phone!

It did make sense it all seems a bit daunting! I'm sure I'll get used to it all! I'll consider temping and opks so I can keep track of things better, and don't worry I'm on my phone to! Thank you for your help xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->