Are my HCG levels too HIGH?

FeLynn

Reaction score
hcg,beta subunit,qnt,serum 36868.

I had blood work done yesterday got the results today. Had a scan Tuesday showing 5 weeks. Which I thought was spot on but not knowing exactly when ovulation and conception was, 2 days off isn't that bad. Only saw gestational sac and yolk sac thought we saw a hint of a fetal pole but wasn't sure. I get another scan Dec 22nd. I don't know if I should hold off I don't want to ruin Christmas for my kids if its bad news but then again I want to know.

I don't have that feeling like I did with my losses I feel like this baby is sticking. I know high levels can mean many things.

That is high, but it varies so much I'm not sure it would indicate anything. I can only compare to myself and with my last pregnancy my hcg was 18,762 at 4w6d, which was high for 4 weeks but I was measuring spot on and had one healthy baby. With my first pregnancy, my hcg was over 30,000 at 5 weeks but my progesterone was only 9 and I ended up having a mmc 2 weeks later. My OB said he should have known since there was such a discrepancy in the two numbers, but when I asked him about my hcg being so high he said that wasn't a concern it was more that I had a high hcg but a very low progesterone. Good luck, hun. I hope your next scan is a good one. So hard to know what a number means when it seems it could mean a lot of things, including all is fine.

Wouldn't it be higher if you were carrying multiples? Hope all is ok xx

With DD2 I was 5 weeks and my level ws 29 000. u/s showed a fetal pole so pretty much like you☺ and she's currently sleeping on me, perfectly healthy! Implantation was probably early😉

In my experience, high hcg levels mean absolutely nothing. I was measuring a week ahead with hcg and my u/s, but the baby never developed properly - there was just a clump of tissue that had gone haywire. I'm not saying this to worry you, I'm saying this because hcg doesn't really matter... as long as it's going up and at least doubling. However, I've heard that high hcg can also be caused by a molar. Hoping you just have high levels because that's what your body does <3 There is absolutely no indication of multiples based on your hcg levels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->