Are prams a fashion accessory in the UK?

WTTMommy

Mama to Rach
Reaction score
It seems in the UK, prams (or strollers) are a huge deal. Is it me or is this not the case in North America (to that extent)? Reading through a few threads regarding prams, I can't help but think you guys take it very very seriously :D Like a good quality stroller is nice, but I think it's a bigger deal on your side of the pond? :shrug: Does that sound somewhat accurate?

I hope I'm making sense. :wacko:

Yup I would say youre definitely right.
I think in the UK theyre a bit of a status symbol and a fashion accessory xxx

yip, yip, yip!!!

My lo is 5 months nxt week and im already eyein up her 4th pram:blush:

Vxxx

Well i wouldnt want to push my baby around in a pile of crap :rofl: she deserves as much luxury and comfort as i can give her and if it means spending £££'s then so be it.

It is a big deal yes! Im constantly checking out other peoples prams!

yeah is it i have 6prams now lol and im always looking at new ones and other people lol

i just love prams! and i wanted/want maddi to have the perfect one for us, regardless of price :blush: x x

Hmmm. Apparently I'm not with the masses as I don't care what he's in as long as it moves and is safe! I have two prams, a big travel system that was from birth and a light summer pushchair but sticking in the car. Not quite the minimum necessary technically I suppose for our purposes it is. They're not fancy brands either and they were both fairly cheap.

I don't get paying loads of money for essentially nothing.:shrug:

To me i don't see them as a fashion thing, I think that's daft. Of course you want one that looks nice, but more importantly has to offer certain things for baby. I don't understand how people pay for over the odds prams..in my opinion over the odds is over £500 ... i think over £400 is expensive but i understand most of these come with everything. I guess its all about each persons budget too.
Alot of people defo see them as a fashion item though .

Hmmm. Apparently I'm not with the masses as I don't care what he's in as long as it moves and is safe! I have two prams, a big travel system that was from birth and a light summer pushchair but sticking in the car. Not quite the minimum necessary technically I suppose for our purposes it is. They're not fancy brands either and they were both fairly cheap.

I don't get paying loads of money for essentially nothing.:shrug:

I agree, I can't find myself spending £600 for something that'll only be used for a few months.

Yup, Halen is 10 weeks old and has....3 :blush: ok none of them where bought new, all second hand and one was a freebie, but yeah 3. We have 2 high end pushchairs (m&p pliko and quinny buzz) and a cheapy chicco stroller for holiday. I couldn't imagine pushing Halen round in something that was cheap and tacky. Shallow I know but my pushchair is like a fashion accessory

That's what I think too :rofl: Helena is 11 months and still has the same stroller as the day she was born. :shrug:

Its something I use everyday of my LOs life so yes, I want to be happy with all aspects of it including design and how it looks. The most I'd ever spend on a pram is £400 though.

Have to admit that I got a high-end buggie - a quinny :/

I didn't actually realise they were a fashion accessory though! I was recommended the quinny and figured it would be good also for some jogging in the park - I realise now how wildly optimistic I was with the jogging though lol!

I have noticed that too. It also seems like your basic ones are much nicer than ours. Like I have one of our nicer ones here, but it's a Chicco which seems to not be nearly as nice and modern as some cheaper than that there lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->