Are prams a fashion accessory in the UK?

I am tempted by this, it's 4 buggies in one!!

https://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wc...age-_-endeca_promotions-_-recommended_product

:blush: I actually blame my stroller addiction on this forum lol! We've had a Graco travel system, a Quinny Buzz, Quinny Zapp, and now our Bugaboo. And I was trying to figure out a way I could get an iCandy Peach lol. DH said no about flying there to pick one up. Honestly tho, no one I know really understands my love of strollers. My mom thinks I'm crazy, and honestly I think she probably liked the Graco stroller the best haha. But I love the European styling of the Quinnys and the Bug. And really, I always get compliments on the Bug when I'm out. We have a custom sun canopy and everyone wants to know where I got it... I think its becoming more fashionable... But there is def a difference between North America and Europe.

Definately is, i always look at peoples prams when im out and i always see people looking at mine too.

There is a certain amount of stroller snobbery in North America - it just depends where you are, I think.
I know that in Canada, there are lots of places where you'll only be able to use the bloody things for half the year, unless they come with a snow-plow attachment or skates!

Seems to be in the UK, not to me though-ive never been one to follow fashion and trends. My pushchair is simply practical and easy to fold etc, dont care if its got a matching bag or anything!

edited to add, i'm only on my second pushchair, first had a travel system now a lightweight pushchair, my son is 11 months old!

£1000 on a pram, Carly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My hubby'd have a fit, never mind my MIL. I think upto about £4-500 max is reasonable, and id want it to last.

I spent £350 on mine for a full travel system, Ive managed to find one thats nice with the colours (red and turquoise) so stands out, not too expensive and best of all despite living in a huge city, ive only seen 2 other red ones :D

I'm a total pram whore and so proud of it!

I had 43 prams with my first two babies....my first was picked by my mum as I had no clue about prams back then and she selected a Graco travel system....nice at the time but now to me looks very basic and not something I'd ever pick again!

This time Marlow has a Bugaboo Cameleon and a Bugaboo Bee stroller as I could afford them and they were what I truly wanted....Marlow is my last baby and I am giving him the very best that I can afford....he may be a baby and not care, but I do! And like each mum you do the best you can and I won't explain myself to anybody as I paid for it!

We have a friend with a new baby too, who thinks I'm frivolous but I don't drink, smoke or have any expensives habits elsewhere, so what's the problem?!

No problem at all! You do what you want to do. It's your money! :hugs:

Although I will admit I just about chocked on my coffee when I read 43 prams! Not that I don't think you should've because I'm a fan of everyone doing what they want, but wow! Where on earth do you store them, or did you sell them and then put the money towards the next one?

Sorry! I have this hilarious mental picture of a backyard packed to the brim with strollers! :haha:

Nooooo, no big backyard with prams stuffed in it!:haha:

I had a combo of lots of new, a few second hand and swaps with mates and all were sold on as the next came along, the most I've ever had at one time was seven!

I really didnt think Quinny was a high end buggy. I have it and I dont like it anymore at all. Want to sell it and buy a different one but Im not allowed. I definitely need a smaller stroller tho. The Quinny is like a tractor.

i love pushchairs and if oh let me id spend obsecne amounts of money on them at the minute i have three a luna,mamas and papas pilko which i just got last week and my twin buggy and im at the minute considering buying a lola of my friend lol my dream, buggy has to be a i candy

Yes! It makes me shudder when I see a baby being pushed around in a cheapo buggy they just don't look safe at all! or a pram that is about 10 years old (vintage silvercross excluded)

I have been so good this time round and it must be because I made a really good choice with ours.
Plus you can make changes to it whenever you want!

My pushchair is probably classed as 'cheapo' but it is safe thank you very much. I just didnt spend loads of money on it.

I have been through a pliko, icandy, quinny and luna pushchair so fair and tbh they werent worth the money. The quinny broke on me on the way to sainsburys! And that was only after 6 months use! Needless to say i got a refund. Now Jacob is in a 'cheapo' stroller and loves it. He can see out. Its lightweight for getting in and out car. And because he is walking when he wants to walk along side it at park its got the perfect height bars at the back. XxX

Yes! It makes me shudder when I see a baby being pushed around in a cheapo buggy they just don't look safe at all! or a pram that is about 10 years old (vintage silvercross excluded)

I have been so good this time round and it must be because I made a really good choice with ours.
Plus you can make changes to it whenever you want!

My pushchair is probably classed as 'cheapo' but it is safe thank you very much. I just didnt spend loads of money on it.

Fair enough, I appologise for upsetting you about it, it is just my opinion though.

Yeah my stoller was only £40 and has came with me on and off buses,on trains. and to scotland and back, and is 'safe'. And seeing as my £450 Quinny broke on the way to sainsburys on me. I wouldnt class that as safe XxX

Ema-so glad i'm not the only one with a 'cheapo' and proud lol!

I think its mad to have a lot of strollers, I have two a pliko that was my travel system when he was little the car seat clipped in, and a lightweight stroller
its Inglesina that was cheaper and its very small.
I can see myself hopefully getting one more a double cos I will please G-D need it but if I tried to buy a ton of prams my husband would look at me and say save the money for his education and I agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->