Are prams a fashion accessory in the UK?

I go by practicality, i made a mistake of buying an expensive pram for the looks but it wasnt at all practical for me!!

nope, i have absolutely no interest in expensive prams.... i got mine from mamas and papas factory shop. i can't imagine seeing them as an accessory and paying a ridiculous price for one. just me though. each to their own.

people shouldn't feel shit for having a less expensive pram... it's what people do with and where they take the baby inside it that matters surely?!?!
x

I eye up people's shoes and definitely their handbags so for me it's just more sticky beaking...:lol:

i do this, i'm sure women think i'm eyeing them up :rofl:

Me three ... i can spot a snide a mile off :rofl:

Funny you should mention snides....I was thinking I wonder when there will be Chinese copies of the popular prams...I suppose there maybe already. If they make fake drugs and baby food etc you'd imagine that a fake pram wouldnt be out of the question....

Thats so FREAKY i was just thinking that in the bath :rofl:

There will soon be Quonnys,Bugabees and Acandys selling at a market near you:rofl:

I would like a cool looking stroller, but I just don't think we have them here haha. Ok we do, but they are mega expensive and still no choice.

let's trade! cuz I want yours and I think you want mine!!! :thumbup:

If I could spend $40 on a sweet stroller I would!

My next stroller will most likely be bought at a consignment store because we will need a double stroller and those things are expensive!!!!

I eye up people's shoes and definitely their handbags so for me it's just more sticky beaking...:lol:

i do this, i'm sure women think i'm eyeing them up :rofl:

Me three ... i can spot a snide a mile off :rofl:

Funny you should mention snides....I was thinking I wonder when there will be Chinese copies of the popular prams...I suppose there maybe already. If they make fake drugs and baby food etc you'd imagine that a fake pram wouldnt be out of the question....

Thats so FREAKY i was just thinking that in the bath :rofl:

There will soon be Quonnys,Bugabees and Acandys selling at a market near you:rofl:

:rofl:

There seem to be some fantastic budget prams in the US. There's a double one for sale on here that I think looks great and they only cost £120 in the US! Bargain!

To be honest I've never eyed up a pram here... they all look the same pretty much, but I do eye up the cute little babies they carry :mrgreen:

wow!! i would never have guessed they do fake bugaboo's! not surprising really, they do make thousands on fake bags - i read once that LV bag fakes make up 16% of the whole replica market :shock:

I would like a cool looking stroller, but I just don't think we have them here haha. Ok we do, but they are mega expensive and still no choice.

let's trade! cuz I want yours and I think you want mine!!! :thumbup:

If I could spend $40 on a sweet stroller I would!

My next stroller will most likely be bought at a consignment store because we will need a double stroller and those things are expensive!!!!

You don't like the P3? I love mine! Although I'm not fussy on the print... :blush: which is totally cosmetic... :rofl:

I think if I could do it over again I might go with a Maclaren or the Peg Perego Uno. I wasn't very fussy on the Bugaboos... they seemed really wobbly and unsturdy when we were looking at them in the store!

:shrug:

tbh im not fussy with the 3wheeler prams atm! i dont know why there just not for me and the ones with little front wheels and big back wheels.

we have 2 prams one of them is a little pink stroller that was £40
and the other is a big luxory type pram that cost £350 which is lush and she can be in till she can walk but it fills our boot so when we need more space i take the little one.

we didnt pay for either as the MIL insisted she was buying them!! lol

i love prams and have pram envy sometimes!! lol but i loves ours!

xxxx

Wow this thread's really taken off since I last replied!

I must say I don't ever eye up people's prams. I've noticed two that were owned by friends I was out for the day with and only really considered the practicality of them to compare to mine. I'm entirely disinterested by looks. I live in a pretty cheapy area and mostly I see teen mums with very expensive prams (I think it's the loolas that are all the rage here) so I'd argue that in many cases priorities are all wrong. Surely they don't all have hundreds of pounds spare for fancy ad unnecessary brand prams?

Also I remember reading some posts about paying more for a sturdy pram that'll last and I having already stated I have a cheap travel system I wanted to add that for 9 months now it's been going out off-road in all weathers almost every day when I walk my dog. It's showing no sign of weakness yet and can manage some seriously rough terrain with no problems. I suspect many of the more expensive ones actually would not be able to handle as much.

Wow this thread's really taken off since I last replied!

I must say I don't ever eye up people's prams. I've noticed two that were owned by friends I was out for the day with and only really considered the practicality of them to compare to mine. I'm entirely disinterested by looks. I live in a pretty cheapy area and mostly I see teen mums with very expensive prams (I think it's the loolas that are all the rage here) so I'd argue that in many cases priorities are all wrong. Surely they don't all have hundreds of pounds spare for fancy ad unnecessary brand prams?

Also I remember reading some posts about paying more for a sturdy pram that'll last and I having already stated I have a cheap travel system I wanted to add that for 9 months now it's been going out off-road in all weathers almost every day when I walk my dog. It's showing no sign of weakness yet and can manage some seriously rough terrain with no problems. I suspect many of the more expensive ones actually would not be able to handle as much.

True! My SIL has the Peg Perego Skate, they spent almost $800 on it alone (not including the car seat and iso base) and she already had a tire pop (they are inflated).

Although I will say, I've worked in a factory for the past 10+ years. Sometimes it doesn't matter the name of what you buy, but if you get the stroller/pram that was made the day before or the day after a long weekend!

:rofl:

we bought an evenflo travel system which it seems like everyone has :rofl: It was (to me) expensive at $300 Canadian :rofl: Our umbrella stroller we spent $100 on an Eddie Bauer one only because the less expensive ones we looked at weren't sturdy enough for what we need it for (we do a lot of walking) and the handles were all way to far down for Stan to stroll Hannah comfortably.

nope, i have absolutely no interest in expensive prams.... i got mine from mamas and papas factory shop. i can't imagine seeing them as an accessory and paying a ridiculous price for one. just me though. each to their own.

people shouldn't feel shit for having a less expensive pram... it's what people do with and where they take the baby inside it that matters surely?!?!
x

Totally agree.

Why on earth spend a fortune on a pram and then buy another one if there is nowt wrong with it?. Totally tragic.

x

Totally agree.

Why on earth spend a fortune on a pram and then buy another one if there is nowt wrong with it?. Totally tragic.

well perhaps this is a little harsh. can we not have a little respect for what others do, its there money after all!

I dont really think its anyones business what people choose to spend their money on or what they get enjoyment out of buying.

x

Totally agree.

well perhaps this is a little harsh. can we not have a little respect for what others do, its there money after all!

Maybe, maybe not.

IMO prams are symbolic of the ridiculous amount of money we THINK should be spending on our bairns. As a child myself and my siblings were ferried around in an old Silver cross which was passed around the family.

I agree its up to the individual how they spend their money. I have a friend who is very much into spending a fortune on the latest this and latest that for her daughter then bemoans the fact that she has to work 5 days week and would rather be a stay at home Mum. She seems blind to the fact that her love of expensive commodoties overrides everything else.

I say no more.

I have a friend who is very much into spending a fortune on the latest this and latest that for her daughter then bemoans the fact that she has to work 5 days week and would rather be a stay at home Mum. She seems blind to the fact that her love of expensive commodoties overrides everything else.

I say no more.

Dont tar me with the same brush thanks! :thumbup: I dont moan about working part time (until I become sahm in the new year :)) and I'm not blinded by a love of expensive 'commodities' :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->