Are there any ladies with Fibromyalgia ttc'ing or been pregnant?

D

daisypink

Hi ladies, I had my youngest son 3 years ago, I developed SPD/Pgp at 16 weeks it got so severe I was on crutches by 24weeks and got induced at 37 weeks.....it never really went after birth and have been on tramadol since, although it was as severe as pregnant and did get better.

About 15 months ago I start to develop burning muscles, walking to the kitchen or upstairs left me in agony as if id just ran a marathon, my muscles twitch under the skin, I get electric sensations/vibrations when sat, sunburnt feeling skin, tiredness and im worse when the temperature drops, after every test under the sun they are saying its Fibromyalgia as its also in my family.

After waffling on lol, have any ladies got Fibro and ttc or been pregnant and did it affect y ojr pregnancy bad, as iv heard during pregnancy symptoms can lesson. I am managing the pain quite well at the monent as I have learnt my limit so yes I would like another child in the future but I am researching everything at the moment before we make any definate decisions!!

Thanks guys x

:hugs: Sorry to hear that and I'm really interested to hear from others who've been pregnant/mum with fibromyalgia or other chronic pain problems too :hugs:

I haven't had a firm diagnosis (mine is being described as Myofascial Pain at the moment) but everything you've said I can relate to and experience :( I'm soooo broody and had been planning a second baby before the onset of my symptoms last year.

I stupidly googled being pregnant with a chronic pain condition yesterday and the general consensus was pretty bleak which made for hard reading. I'd like nothing more than to get healthy enough to have another child and until I know for definite I still have some hope of making a full recovery.

I think it would help to know that worse case and I have to live with this pain, I could fulfil my dream of having another child but I don't want to put my family under any more pressure than they are already :nope: Everything's so up in the air and my DH is not convinced we should have another child anyway but I want to stay hopeful that it will happen one day, when the time is right :D

:hugs: :hugs:

xx

So glad I found this post!! I have fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome. With all my pregnancies I had sciatica and spd which has gotten worse with each pregnancy. My last I was on crutches for the last months and had to let my husband do most of the household chores and school runs etc when he wasn't working. It definitely flared up more after my third baby was born and that is when I was offically diagnosed.
My fourth pregnancy was tough because I was in a lot of pain with the fibromyalgia, spd and sciatica. I also slept an extreme amount (Thank god for my husband!!)
We are planning on ttc in the next couple of months though so I am willing to go through it all again!! Hopefully we will be anyway as the hubby has just lost his job as they are closing down so not sure what to do for the best but having him home with all my problems it probably is the best time to be getting pregnant!!

hi ladies im 33 and have 2 boys 13 & 12 to my ex fiancée. my current hubby and I have been together 11yrs married 7. we ve wanted a baby together for many yrs but shortly after getting married Ihad been quite unwell and since then in the past 3 yrs I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia (which I suffer from chronic pain and fatigue), coeliac disease, lactose intolerance, hashimotos, thyroid goiters, vaginal prolapse , and I also have marfans syndrome and possibly may have lupus as well. im on a few medications and also have been not having a period for about 4 yrs except since I have started to decrease some of my meds I ve had 2 periods in 3 months recently but did not conceive. I ve seen a gyno and he says its ok for me to ttc and has given me clomid which I have here ready to take if I get another period. sooooo I m quite down , sad and anxious if it will ever happen and a little scared as well as I don't having many ppl to talk to and the ppl I do talk to don't really understand what im going through . girls plz help ........:hugs:

Hi I'm new to this. They think I have fibromyalgia and I'm really wanting kids. I'm off work currently with it and really interested reading about how you deal with it. If anyone knows of what happens going from being on the sick with it to maternity pay or others I'm keen to know too.

Olla!!! Another fibro girl here. I have a whole host of other issues, its not the fibro I'm too concerned about as I have ehlers danlos hypermobility too.

However what I have read basically says that the symptoms u get during pregnancy feel like fibro symptoms exacerbated ie tiredness, aches and pains etc. Mine was that bad I have only just weaned myself from very strong round the clock pain killers to now finally off them but still in pain. I'm taking more of a stress reduction approach now as I have learnt that I'm a seriously stressful person and that's probably a major part of it.

There's very little research on fibro and pregnancy because there's no test to say u have fibro so its very subjective to each person and each person experiences it differently. I wud say def deal with it first before TTC, I decided I had to do that and just the determination made a huge difference, iv gone from 35micrograms an hour pain relief to now just a cream

Hi! I don't have fibro but I have ME/CFS. My first 3 pregnancies were fine I managed ok without much change in my day to day life. Number 4 was a whole different story, from quite early on I was very very tired and my joints were so bad I struggled to walk very far at all.

I am hoping that #5 will be like my first 3, but as the years have gone by my tiredness has only got worse. I always have to nap in afternoon and at my absolute worst I can't even get out of bed. My joints, especially my right hip and my wrists are extremely volatile and cause a great deal of pain, I am fortunate to have a DH that is a physiotherapist so I have constant help with that.

I have already made the choice that this time round I will bottle feed to allow DH to do a fair share of night shifts and also reserve what little energy I will have in those first few weeks. I've also looked at what equipment I will buy in terms of what can help me ie I have decided to get the stokke xplory pram as it is a lot higher so that is less bending for me.

I think anything is achievable, make sure your rheumatologist and occupational therapist know your intentions to get pregnant so they can offer you the best support available.

Hi! I don't have fibro but I have ME/CFS. My first 3 pregnancies were fine I managed ok without much change in my day to day life. Number 4 was a whole different story, from quite early on I was very very tired and my joints were so bad I struggled to walk very far at all.

I am hoping that #5 will be like my first 3, but as the years have gone by my tiredness has only got worse. I always have to nap in afternoon and at my absolute worst I can't even get out of bed. My joints, especially my right hip and my wrists are extremely volatile and cause a great deal of pain, I am fortunate to have a DH that is a physiotherapist so I have constant help with that.

I have already made the choice that this time round I will bottle feed to allow DH to do a fair share of night shifts and also reserve what little energy I will have in those first few weeks. I've also looked at what equipment I will buy in terms of what can help me ie I have decided to get the stokke xplory pram as it is a lot higher so that is less bending for me.

I think anything is achievable, make sure your rheumatologist and occupational therapist know your intentions to get pregnant so they can offer you the best support available.

have u thought about expressing into bottles, milk freezes well and lasts ages so if ur hubby is on night duties ur baby can still have breast milk. I am by no means saying u shudnt bottle feed, u cud do a mixture of the two as well xx

have u thought about expressing into bottles, milk freezes well and lasts ages so if ur hubby is on night duties ur baby can still have breast milk. I am by no means saying u shudnt bottle feed, u cud do a mixture of the two as well xx

Yes I have but even that requires energy, the holding up of a pump makes my limbs tired and painful :nope: I have breastfed 3 of my children, and tried expressing for my husband to do night feeds for the 4th and it just left me with more problems than it was worth so I have gone into my decision fully aware of all my options but thank you for you input xx

Yes I have but even that requires energy, the holding up of a pump makes my limbs tired and painful :nope: I have breastfed 3 of my children, and tried expressing for my husband to do night feeds for the 4th and it just left me with more problems than it was worth so I have gone into my decision fully aware of all my options but thank you for you input xx

Aw bless u. I hope u sail thru the pregnancy without a problem. And can I just say good for u for picking what is right for u n baby, what good is breastmilk without a mother to bond with, more women shud he strong enough to say breast feeding isn't right for me and not be judged for it. Im pretty indifferent about breast vs bottle but will try breast more for the cost side of it than anything.

How long have u have cfs, I have it too which exacerbates my other problems, add restless leg syndrome (except mine is in my back which is harder to get rid of or get comfy with) and some days like today I can barely function and countdown to bed time. I have always hated getting up in a morning, my body just really hates it (people cud literally use it to torture me and I wud give up all my secrets) I do worry how much worse it may be during pregnancy and how I will cope with shorter sleeps during and after pregnancy, I go to bed at 9 ok a work night as it is

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->