Are there any VBAC hopefuls in here?

IsabellaJayne

Mum of beautiful girls! WTT Dec 2023
Reaction score
I'm really hoping for a VBAC. My lg was born via EMCS at 37+4 due to labour not progressing after being induced and fetal distress. I'm really hoping for a VBAC.

Anyone else? Why did you end up with a CS?

My son was born by emcs because he was breech. Hoping for vbac this time round

I had a c-section because twin 1's cord had not fully incerted into the placenta correctly and it had caused many problems in the pregnancy, also on the scan they could see part of the cord appeared to be running down the side of his head when he was already fully engaged so they were worried it could possibly be looped over the top of his head meaning the likely hood of the cord tearing away from the placenta as soon as he began to enter the birth canal was high, I would of hemorage and both babies oxygen supply would have gotten cut off whilst still in utero.

Realy hoping there are no issues this time. I was absolutly gutted to be given the news I need a section to keep us all alive after seeing they were both head down and getting my hopes up for a vaginal delivery. At least we were all safe.

Vbac hopeful here too

Induction at term+10, failed as after 20hrs they realised bubs was brow presenting and unable to engage

Vbac hopefull here but I'm a vbac2c hopefull.
My last baby was born by emergency section after he decided to move into a transverse position during induction. My 3rd baby was an emergency c section too due to fetal distress.
I have also had 4 vaginal deliveries so hoping that I am able to go for a vbac x

I hope we all get them! Cathy I remember you from last time I was pregnant! You were on no6 then lol!

Lol, this was definitely not a planned pregnancy. Hubby was mean to have t he snip bit we cancelled as my hormones took over and i wasn't sure if I wanted such a permanent solution. Was just thinking about booking his appointment again when I found out I was pregnant! He is having it done while I am pregnant this time x

I am hopeful. DS was born by EMCS after failed induction at 33 weeks due to severe pre-eclampsia. I am being carefully watched for pre-e this time, as this is about the time I developed it with DS and I have had some higher BP readings.

I have a VBAC friendly doctor, I am more educated, and i have a doula this time as well. I do hope to have one even if we have to induce again.

I'm another VBAC hopeful. With my son I went in to be induced at 40+12, and by 40+16 he still hadn't made an appearance, but they had broken my waters the previous evening so although there was nothing 'emergency-like' about it, they told me I was getting an emergency c-section. If I could go back in time I would definitely refuse induction!

Me! I had an elective section with dd as she was footling breech and not budging!! Worst mistake I ever made! Really struggled to bond and had massive hang ups about "missing out" on labour and birth.

Midwife has said I could have another section at 38 wks which I've says no to. She said they'd induce me on due date due to my age but that she'd recommend a sweep at 38wks.

Fingers crossed.
Xx

I was put to sleep for my section and didn't meet her until she was 4 hours old. Luckily it didn't prevent me from bonding with her. I just want the whole birth experience. I felt robbed for ages!

Me too!! Although I held her for a few mins, do took her off while I was being stitched and by the time I came out she was clean and dressed. I was really upset!!!
Xx

Same here, I feel like every maternal instinct was robbed from me. As mine were premature they were rushed away. They had to be transfered to another hospital once stable enough and they brought them down to my recovery room before the a,bulace crew took each one. Girl came down first at 7hr 40 mins old and boy came down at 9hr old. Got to hold them for less than a minute as they needed to get back into the incubaitors to keep body temp up. I wasn't alowed to follow to the hospital they were at until the next day. They couldn't breast feed, I couldn't take them home with me etc. Just everything you want to do, just simple things like see and hold your baby and breast feed and take them home just didn't happen.

Yes! My first was breech and born at exactly 40 weeks. I also had preeclampsia. I'm hoping to keep my blood pressure down with this one, but if I do need a c-section I'm hoping to push it to the due date again instead of early!!

I wish I could have seen my baby after 4 hrs, I didn't get to see him for 27 hrs :cry:

Put me on the list too!

My first c section was an emergency to deliver our twins who were born at 24 weeks, 3 days.

My second, I planned a VBAC and then got the "bait and switch" at 36 week appt. The doctor said if I dont deliver by 40 weeks that they would need to do another C. I fought for 41 weeks and won and on the day of 41 weeks, I went in to have my c section, I was having contractions and the doctor said that the monitor wasn't picking them up and rolled me on back to the OR.

So, this time I am hoping to find a truly VBAC friendly health care provider and have the birth I so badly desire!

Me, I had three vaginal births followed by a section due to fetal distress, I went on to have a Vbac but it was different because I was only 24+3 and baby was 340grams x

Had a c in September of 2008 and Vaginal February 2010. Wouldnt go back to a C unless medically needed. I'm currently pregnant and my doctor wants me to have a C. He's a new doctor and believes in C.. Haha NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

I'm a VBAC hopeful mom here! My daughter's CS was emergency due to when I was induced, things didn't progress well and my CS didn't go well either, my epidural only numbed half of me.

I'm really, really hopeful for a VBAC, I'm going to talk to my Dr. on the 9th to see if it's possible.

I'm another vbac hopeful. I was induced at 41+6. After about 10 minutes of pitocin, my daughter was going into distress with each contraction (that I never felt as they were so mild).

My midwife is very supportive of the vbac. Starting at 24 weeks I'll see the OB and alternate between the two. I'm hoping to have more information at the 24 week appointment.

As far as I know, the only things that will result in a scheduled c section (other than the obvious of getting baby out quickly for medically necessary reasons such as fetal distress) are breech and going over 40 weeks, but they did say they would allow an induction.

I'm hoping it doesn't result in an induction, but I'm hoping to discuss this more with the OB at my 24 week appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->