are these braxton hicks or real contractions

darkheaven77

Reaction score
i been up all night with contractions from like 10 mins apart lasting a min and getting stronger its been so long since i had contractions propper with my oldest 2 i cant remember they are sweeping across my tummy to my bk can any one help ? :hug:

Do you have pain in your back? More than usual I guess I should say
Do the contractions hurt?
How long are they lasting?

I have no frame of reference hun but didnt want to read and run. Maybe call your midwife if you think they are contractions...?

Braxton Hicks are usually not painful, and are not regular so they can't be timed. They usually ease off after an hour or two also. Sounds like it's the real thing! Have you spoken to your hospital?

BH don't usually have a pattern so it might well be the real thing!x

I had BH that could be timed and that were agony...

But i think if they last and get stronger then they are the real thing, when i asked my mum she just said you know because it lasts forever ha ha!! So i'm guessing when they start to get worse then they are the real deal!!

:dust:

Hope this is it for you!!

Oo,I hope this is it....:p x

Keep us updated! x

Ya, I agree, BH can definately be timed, and they can be regular too, but they do usually stop after awhile. They can also be painful, also make you feel ill etc... Its a big lie when people say they dont hurt haha

If your worried then you should call your doctor though to be sure.

How are you feeling now babes? Are they any better, or have you called someone?

wow this is hell been 2 weeks in slow labour was taken to hossy on friday night full blown labour even docs said she was on the way then at 3am it stopped completly gggggggrrrrrrrr i have a consultants opt this thursday to see about getting induced as really need sleep now feel like a zombie :cry:

Oh babes - thats crap. I realy hope it happens soon for you. You need your rest x x x

Sorry to hear that hon, fingers crossed LO makes an appearance soon x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->