are these names too 'out there' for a boy?

tink28

Mum of 1 & WTT
Reaction score
ive recently changed my mind about a name i was fixed on for my little boy (which we had chosen at 5 months pregnant).
ive got a good reason for this but FOB isnt happy and is refusing to even help me choose other names. so im trying to get on with it on my own.
anyway- im spiritual and love the names River and Phoenix. (was also a fan of the actor)
i know all that should matter is that i like the name but i just wanted some honest opinions on whether or not these names could work.
i realise there will be people who dont like them but any opinions would be welcome. and which u prefer between the two names?
thanks in advance!

I think they are really cool/unique names...I like phoenix :) but both are great :)

I like both names. Phoenix is getting a little more common around here. I don't think either is too "out there" but I would defo not use them together because of the actor reference.

Love them both!! My daughter has a Phoenix in her class too so not THAT unusual!! X

River sounds feminine to me, but Phoenix is nice!

Isn't Phoenix the name that Mel B gave her daughter?

I looked after a little boy called Phoenix and adored him - I love it!!!

I like River for a boy plus its unusual wereas Phoenix is more common nowadays xx

I love them both and my son's middle name is Phoenix.

I don't think either are too 'out there' but due to the odd spelling of Phoenix (it sounds like it should be e before o or no o at all!) then your son could spend his entire life spelling his name out to people.

My name is Kazia and its not pronounced anything like how its spelt so I kinda have some experience of unusual names!

I'd go with Pheonix however I really don't like River. I know it was River Pheonix's name however it sounds like a stage name or something to me.
Can you imagine going for a job interview and saying your name is River?

thanks everyone, lilfish yeah Mel B's daughter is called Phoenix Chi but thats the only girl ive ever heard of with the name

i like phoenix such a lovely name :)

Phoenix is a great name, but I agree with a few others River is very feminine.

Phoenix is getting common, and River is a girl's name - River was the name of a character on Firefly.

i like both the same, i've heard some far fetched names but both these are getting rather common. id go with the majority vote personaly and use phoenix x x

I like both of them.

I do know someone named Rivers, and I have always liked that name as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->