Are these pains normal?

iluvcocopops

Mum to Molly-Rose
Reaction score
Hi, I'm very early on - nearly 5 weeks. I had sharp implantation pains on my right side - the same day I have brown/pink stopping. But for the past 5 days I have been getting pains on my left side between hip bone & belly button. They come & go & are like sharp pinches when I feel them, sometimes quite sore. I've been pregnant before, but this is the first time I've had pains like this.

Does this sound normal enough or could it be the start of an ectopic pregnancy?

Thanks xxx

Could be totally normal. I've had those pains in all pregnamcies, especially if I move to quickly or twist in a weird way. That said, if you're worried or they get worse, I would get checked. I don't think it sounds like an ectopic pregnancy but better safe than sorry!

Sounds fairly normal to me, and certainly what I have experienced this pregnancy (and my previous 2 successful pregnancies) :flower:

It's so easy to worry before you've had that first scan. I'll be six weeks tomorrow and I felt a sharp pain in my left side earlier and suddenly got the ectopic pregnancy paranoia. Fortunately the pain passed very quickly. I've read that the pain on one side could be from the cyst that forms in early pregnancy. I go to my first ultrasound on Tuesday morning and I can't wait to get some peace of mind!

You're so lucky, my first doctor app isn't until 21 July & that's just with my GP who doesn't have a scan machine. I'll have to wait until I'm at least 14wks before I get a scan & some peace of mind.

It's funny how we spend so long stressing out about getting pregnant & then as soon as we are pregnant, we worry about everything else 😊

You're so lucky, my first doctor app isn't until 21 July & that's just with my GP who doesn't have a scan machine. I'll have to wait until I'm at least 14wks before I get a scan & some peace of mind.

It's funny how we spend so long stressing out about getting pregnant & then as soon as we are pregnant, we worry about everything else 😊

Wow, 14 weeks, that's a long wait! Well if you get too worried I would definitely head over to the hospital as I'm guessing that would be the only way you could get an earlier scan. Hopefully and probably you are just fine!
First trimester is nothing but worries of a variety of kinds for sure. I'm so ready to be out of it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->